Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    how and why i was inspired by ray bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how and why i was inspired by ray bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
im a student at curtis school. in the begining of the year, i had to choose an author, and read 3 books by him/her. who did i pick? ray bradbury of course.being only 12, it would seem a little odd to be reading ray bradbury for some people. i am a defient child though, when it comes to the matter of conformity, and demand to be diffrent from my peers by my personality, morals, and philosphies. after finishing the latest bradbury book, farenheit 451, i sat down and thought to myself... wat do these books really mean? why would anyone have these thoughts? the answer that i came upon was the same one that is one of my principal philosephies... your life if completely 'unmeaningful' if u waste it trying to shape the mold of wat is supposed beauty. if you are inspired by the obvious. and because i see that someone else has seen this, i realized that this is why ray bradbury inspired me. because his literature does not fit the mold of wat writing 'should be,' but instead embraces the idea of plots, always heading in a diffrent direction, always changing. always different.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post