Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    F 451 today

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F 451 today
 Login/Join

posted
How do you think this book would be different if he wrote it today?

In my opinion, changes will be superficial, the message transcends generations.

If it was written today, he'd probably include more government scare tactics. In F 451 all they did was burn down your house. If The U.S. government did want to destroy books, I imagine it'd be a lot like the war on drugs. It may start out simply by destroying your literature, but politicains feel the need to prove themselves.

They'd probably start weighing the books and have the punishment be a minnimum of one year per pound. And anyone selling books would get like five year sentences, oh and if you were a kid possesing one on school grounds, ahh.

Hmm, went off there.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm...Red ribbon week? Just say no to books memorabilia? D.A.R.E to keep kids' noses outta books? That'd be cool. I'd use my red ribbon as a bookmark, just to be ironic!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you know were I'm coming from.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post