Notify
Tools

Wordle
 Login/Join

posted
Ever tried Wordle.net? Here's one I did:

http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/433428/Ray_Bradbury

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may check that out after a bit.

Meanwhile, do you enjoy crosswords?
I've struck up a cyber-acquaintance with a Brit who creates the kind I like best, i.e. the "British-Style" or "Cryptic" ones:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~wgh/crosspuz5.htm

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Wonderful! I am tempted to print that out and present it to Mr B - except I'm running low on black ink.

Perhaps someone who works in a government office could print it out on government ink (as I used to do when I worked in a government office).

Wordle is a good word(le).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Govt: Then, Wordlen't it all be printed in RED ink!?

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Govt: Then, Wordlen't it all be printed in RED ink!?

You have me there sir!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Wonderful! I am tempted to print that out and present it to Mr B - except I'm running low on black ink.

Perhaps someone who works in a government office could print it out on government ink (as I used to do when I worked in a government office).

Wordle is a good word(le).

Already printed on my home laser, no red ink needed.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"No RED INK!?"

You should go to Wallstreet, D.C., and straighten them all out!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case anyone was wondering, the words I fed into Wordle were the titles of all of Bradbury's short stories (taken from the Short Story Finder on my web site). Wordle seems to emphasise words according to how often they are repeated in the input text.

(To get "Ray Bradbury" to appear in large text, I had to add those two words about 35 times!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
(To get "Ray Bradbury" to appear in large text, I had to add those two words about 35 times!)

And a job well done.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post