Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    I Sing the Kitty Electric!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Sing the Kitty Electric!
 Login/Join

posted
How desperate must some people be to want this thing?

http://www.time.com/time/2003/inventions/invcat.html

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PURRRFECT!!
Order me a half dozen. Need them to go after the Robot Mice that Run 'round in Robot Towns!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is ridiculous...if you want to be calm and relaxed...buy a REAL cat...that is what the study was done on...not fake robotic ones! That is all I have on this matter!

Summer comes rushing in like the winds of a tornado...except in Michigan!

Posts: 32 | Location: Rochester College | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard...I love it...but I gotta agree with funmow! Doesn't do to deprive real kitties of much-needed homes!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa! That is the creepiest cat I have ever seen! I think Mr. Poe's crazed husband would be especially irritated by the looks of that critter.

To tie in the Bradbury metaphors, click on the "NEXT" icon at the top right for some modern "must haves!" Several ring of stories we have all long loved. These are right out of F451, I.M., D.W. and all the rest.

Just open Dandelion's attached and click through to see what I mean. "What do you really need?"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know...maybe it would be interesting to release the faux feline cyberkitty in amongst the audioanimatronic birds in Disney's "Tiki Room" ?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll give you the mechanical birds, no derision intended, Braling II (how ironic "You" of all people chime in on this one!!!), if I am allowed to set free the Hound once things get interesting.

So, would you go to a pet psychiatrist or a mechanic? I think this Miss Boutchia needs a long vacation!
http://search.csmonitor.com/2004/0205/p18s01-stct.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wounder if it has robitic fleas? Then I could program them to be slow enough to catch and kill.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who complained about the original link saying "buy a REAL cat" etc.:

If you read the article it says, in regards to the robot cat, they "recommended him for nursing-home residents and dementia patients who could use a pet's love but are unable to care for the real thing"

So I think this is a neat idea for those particular cases.

Posts: 1 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 24 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds cute, in a bizarro sort of way. Have you ever seen the film 'Blade Runner?'
Look, sometimes you just can't replace a living thing with a machine. Cats don't require a whole lot of care, anyway.
I think if you asked the cat, they would just look at you and chuckle, saying: "Replace me? Ha!" Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and, to quote Woody Allen in "Sleeper":
"...is he house broken, or will he be leaving little batteries all over the carpet?"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post