Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    CONNELLSVILLE KIDS
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CONNELLSVILLE KIDS
 Login/Join

posted
dandelion should not even click on this one becuase it says kids Smiler

Posts: 6 | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sense a hostile takeover. Does this have anything to do with a fellow named Drill and a game called "Invasion"?

On second thought, let's just blame the dang solar flares: http://slatest.slate.com/posts...radiation_storm.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Does this have anything to do with a fellow named Drill and a game called "Invasion"?

There should be a prize for the first of our new visitors who can explain dandelion's reference. (Hint: you will need to read at least one other Brasdbury story.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a headache from reading all these comments.

(Just imagine the pain and suffering inflicted on regular readers of this board. Your post below directed at me was deleted. Consider yourself warned.)

Posts: 17 | Location: Connellsville | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I sense a hostile takeover. Does this have anything to do with a fellow named Drill and a game called "Invasion"?"

No dandelion this has nothing to do with Zero Hour, but this does have everything to do with you attacking 15 year old students on their beliefs about Ray. So what if we don't agree with you unlike some people I don't find him obsess worthy. Maybe instead of harassing teenagers you should enjoy a healthy debate.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A Pink Orange:
I have a headache from reading all these comments.

Don't read them, then!

Posts: 64 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YEAH, SUNSHIIIIIIINE!!! I would like a good healthy debate. Especially against someone with Dandelion's "prowess". If you have a problem with an opinion, you don't need to make a big deal of it. You need to make a healthy argument against us. So what I'm saying is, why not put your money, where your mouth is?
I GO HARD

Posts: 13 | Registered: 24 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine64:
...No dandelion this has nothing to do with Zero Hour...

The mythical prize goes to Sunshine64 for correctly getting the "Zero Hour" reference!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine64:
...Maybe instead of harassing teenagers you should enjoy a healthy debate.

dandelion is the Moderator of these message boards. Harassment isn't her style. As long as the posts are in the right thread and well argued, you'll find no harassment here.

Let the healthy debate continue!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Kudos to you Sunshine!! The prize is your's.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rofl thanks for the kudos I worked hard for it, ok maybe not but anyways your right Phil harassment isn't her style just obsession. I get that Ray has an interesting point of view but that doesn't mean everyone has to enjoy his writing. Give me a good fiction novel and i'll be happy for hours. I just find it messed up that us kids get on here and we try to be honset and get told were stupid and 8th graders are reading his books, and all that other stuff people have been going on about. Ray Bradbury is a good author, but he is not the author for everyone.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to check the comments again. Dandelion didn't write all of them, and I don't recall some of those things being said by anybody.

And, that's nice that you have your own little thread here. Thanks a lot for messing up mine till I had to close it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Robertp
I have to read these comments sir. I'm being forced by my english teacher. It's a project I intend not to fail. Thank you.

Posts: 17 | Location: Connellsville | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, all, Dandelion here with an enchanting little challenge for you all so fun it should not be considered an assignment.

Please go to this You Tube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/No...ideo-mustangbase#p/u and watch anything. You can skip the promo, and it's your own business if you look at the sexy women video, but all else there is by or should feature Buster Keaton. Watch as much as you want of any of the Buster videos in any order whatsoever; they're all good. When you have viewed as much or as little as you want, please go to this newsgroup http://movies.groups.yahoo.com...sterkeatonfans/join? and apply for membership. They'll want you to explain why you want to join, but 200 characters maximum makes for less than no typing. If you don't like Buster Keaton, it is absolutely unnecessary to lie! Just say you recently discovered his work and are there to learn about and discuss him with those who know most about him (don't all join at once or at least don't all write the same thing!--use your imagination.)

Once your membership is accepted, HAVE AT IT! Write anything or everything you like about Buster Keaton--how you love him, how you hate him, how he compares to or reminds you of anything else you have ever seen or heard, fantasies you have of being like him, or being with him, just anything. Be sure to post as much as possible--anything that comes into your head as fast as you can think of it, before you forget any of it.

Be good and do this for Dandelion and she won't complain to anyone at your school. To infinity and beyond!