Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Hello From Ray B.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello From Ray B.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury,

I happily blame you for my love of dinosaurs and Mars. May the upcoming year bring you joy and happiness.

Juan Carlos Marquez

Posts: 2 | Location: South Gate, CA | Registered: 26 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury,

What can really be said? I thank you for all the wonderful gifts you have given to us and return your kind wishes for a good season. Merry Christmas.

~ LordShen

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I can not wait for your new stories! I'd like to wish you the best for the new year, and thank you for continuing to inspire me.
-Groon

P.S. The premise of "the dog in the red bandana" reminds me of when I was in high school (where I first read 451 and then quickly pillaged the school library for more Bradbury) I attended a Jesuit boarding school in Micronesia. Every sunday during mass, Cell, the campus dog, would wander in and sleep under the pews. Occasionally he'd be heard loudly slurping the holy water. On one occasion, a viscious neighborhood dog wandered into the church and he and Cell had a huge fight right in front of the pulpit in the middle of the sermon! It was hilarious!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,
I can't wait to read your new book. Will it be available in brail too?I have noticed that the Waukegan library only has a few of your books available on audio CD. This isn't very fair to the homeless masses that can't read, and hang around the library just to get out of the cold... I say we edjumacate um and then run um for city council positions!

I wish you and yours the very best for the year of 2005 and on... It's tuff being trapped here in Waukegan, Illinois staring at this damn statue of Jack Benny. MixedSignals46

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to the Dog in the Red Bandana? Is it out yet? Is it cancelled?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray,
I just wanted to thank you for everything. Nothing I could say could really express my gratitude, but I wouldn't have started writing sci-fi if not for reading your work as a snot-nosed kid at that Catholic parochial...

More than once I turned in essays and assignments as poorly disguised sci-fi and was dragged in to see the priest by some angry nuns who accused me of 'improper writing'...ha!
My sincerest thanks to you.
Robert M. Blevins
Adventure Books

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
__
groon:

If this is the latest news, the price of 'The Dog in the Red Bandana' can buy a lot of bandanas.
http://www.camelotbooks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1900

ImageRedBandanaYLab.jpg (20 Kb, 4 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since The Dog with a Red Bandana is listed with a $100. + price, is it possible to wait for a paperback edition?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why bury a new Bradbury book like this by only releasing a limited special edition? They'd better release this in paperback later because I can not afford that.

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury.

I wanted to say that I am very much a great fan of your writing. I think that you are more then a mere science fiction writer as many seem to indicate (at least in my arena of literary friends). I think all of your works have a very deeper meaning, some more obvious than others, and that your science fiction as wondrous and adept as it is, serves as a catalyst to the thought provoking underlying issues you seek to illuminate through that genre.

I always thought that your work was not unlike the literary moderns like Joyce, Woolf, et al. Yet your work transcends theirs, in my opinion, because you deal with not only reality, but the fantastic, in a way close to the literary modern style, yet unique to your own. As an aspiring writer/poet myself, I hope to glean insights from your style and imagination and will be amassing the entire canon of your work in my library to be read for years to come.

Thanks a million...

Will

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The website for The Dog in the Red Bandana calls it a "completely new book". Then in the next paragraph it says, "This collection contains both new, never-before-published stories as well as older classic stories."

Somebody needs to tell that ad copywriter what the word "completely" means.

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Ray, It's the lighning rod guy from Ogden. The one from the Timbermine. I'm still chasing my "Muses" have not caught them all yet,, still chasing them around the Library... Still scanning,
Books,Articles,Ephemera, and other assorted Archival, Stuff... We just had a CIMA conference at work. Awesome wHITCHED DUDE.. Still working with all the Students. Jason bought us all Milk shakes from Jakes over the Top, and left a sticky Mess on the book cart Good thing Joan did't catch us.. she'd a skinned him alive,,I know you would have loved to see that....
Still making Art, they have me stuck at the East Entrance Desk all Summer. GOOD THING I have mY sketch books.... LOVE YOU>>. LIVE FOREVER DUUDE......
Ag..Smith... still writing... Rock on...
<Andrew G. Smith> the WEBER WILDCAT....

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, my best friend teaches math at weber state. Small world.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello to Mr,Bradbury,GOD Bless you for giving the world a volume of work,that in my opinion, is unparalleled,and unmatched by anyone else!!I have been reading your books since 1970,and being 49,have read several of them more than once.Dandelion Wine I read 6 times alone.Thanks to you,I write also and hope someday to have my book"The Shore of DREAMS",published.I am a Poet first,but my stories have been developing more and more,so that ultimately,when it comes to pass,you too will be amazed at the obvious influence you have had on me as well as others.My desire is to be half as good as you are.A lot of stories are based on dreams I have had,hence the title.I will sorely mourn your passing,but for now...when is the sequel to Dandelion Wine coming out? Soon I pray,I wish i could help you in some way.I read Sam Wellers book as well as your Bradbury speaks in 2 weeks during Christmas Vacation.WOW! I never read like that.You are the BEST! Lovingly R.C.Douglas(the POET) p.s. Hoping you are well! Praying for you too!

Posts: 3 | Location: Douglasville GA. | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The POET, check my post on Resources as I just received the promotional piece for Farewell Summer from Ray.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post