Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Hello From Ray B.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello From Ray B.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Jayne, Cool. Weber has a world class Library !
Drop by sometime or check out our Website...
I work in I.L.L. drop by if you are in town.
P.S. Ray lives forever in our stacks, I make sure of it. What ever I can't find here I find. locally or otherwise. Reading is my passion.
Uncle A.G.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, I'm Baaack. its been a while. Glad to see you still are sprouting up around here occasionlly... some body's uncle told me you were still around! Live Forever.... Ray!!!

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to see you back around these parts.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...right now, early in the morning in the midwest, or more so southwestern ontario canada, the air is brisk, the sun a little tempered and I swear to God it is a misplaced day from Octobers'autumn of old. If I sit quitely on my back deck and close my eyes to the whipping cool wind at my cheek it is Autumn, for the only thing missing on this dizzy day of seasons past is the familiar smell of burnt leaves and a cup of steaming hot cider - complete with cinnimon stick and a hint of rum. This is a treasure indeed, as my blood runs thick on the calenders' tenth month for alast a place to write!!!Thanks Ray, may you have a moment like this soon!
....Greetings from Canada
Peter James Billing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peter James Billing,

Posts: 12 | Location: canada | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here. Does anyone know what ever happened to The Dog in the Red Bandana? Has it simply wandered off, fate unknown?

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray described the title story of his yet unreleased collection of dog stories, THE DOG IN THE RED BANDANA, as a story about a dog that wanders through a Catholic hospital hearing confession from the sick. While that collection of dog stories has yet to be published, the title story likely underwent a name change, since it appears in Ray's most recent collection, WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS, as "Pater Caninus." I think it's my favorite story in the book.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
I think it's my favorite story in the book.

Great minds think alike, that is my favorite story in the "Paris" book, too.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
Ray described the title story of his yet unreleased collection of dog stories, THE DOG IN THE RED BANDANA, as a story about a dog that wanders through a Catholic hospital hearing confession from the sick. While that collection of dog stories has yet to be published, the title story likely underwent a name change, since it appears in Ray's most recent collection, WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS, as "Pater Caninus." I think it's my favorite story in the book.

Mog the Dog here.

Thank you, Richard, for your prompt answer to a question that has wandered into my mind from time to time since Bradbury first told us about his Dog in the Red Bandana.

So, it is a Golden Retriever that wanders the halls of the hospital. In my own mind it was the live version of a little toy brindle dog...

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, Mr. Bradbury! Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, and I hope you are feeling better now.

I was watching King Of Kings, starring Jeffrey Hunter, and I just learned that you wrote the screenplay! That is the greatest movie ever made! Thank you, Mr. Bradbury, for writing such a great screenplay!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love his book Zen in the Art of Writing. It's one of my favorites. That and a volume I have of his short stories the. That last one is about 800 pages.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miklamar:
Merry Christmas, Mr. Bradbury! Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, and I hope you are feeling better now.

Ray has not been in the hospital.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by miklamar:

Ray has not been in the hospital.

Thanks for clearing that up! I wondered, but did not like to ask, whether this referred to something long ago or recent.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did he actually write the screenplay for King of Kings? I thought he wrote the narration for Orson Welles.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Did he actually write the screenplay for King of Kings? I thought he wrote the narration for Orson Welles.

Just the narration.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post