Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Hello From Ray B.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello From Ray B.
 Login/Join

posted
To all my loving friends,

This is the perfect time of year to return to your love, and to tell you that I hope it's been a wonderful year for you, it certainly has been for me with more plays to be done, more stories to be written, and I know you'll be glad to hear that soon in the new year I'll have a new book of stories about dogs called, THE DOG IN THE RED BANDANA, including the title story about a dog that wanders through a Catholic hospital and hears confession from the sick people there. That idea alone is worth reading, I think!

The second and most important detail for the new year, within a few months, my dear friend Sam Weller will have his wonderful biography based on four years of visiting me and researching. I've waited for it for a long while and I received it in hospital a few months ago and it helped to make me well. I hope you will enjoy Sam's wonderful work.

In this time of Christmas, in this real time of love, I send you all the love in the world and the greatest wishes for the New Year.

Ray Bradbury

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury:

I know I speak for many when I say that we wish you the very best right back. We were sorry to hear of your stay in the hospital, but so glad to see you traveling all over the place receiving Literary awards from presidents, etc., and that you are continuing to publish away. God bless you and thanks for turning my mind on to ideas back in 1969. It changed my life forever.

All my best . . .

Mr. Dark
(Eric Palfreyman)

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,
Thank you so much for sending along your holiday greetings, and thank you to Sam too, who made it all possible. Congratulations on your most recent award. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of you receiving it from the President, and I especially enjoyed the photo of you taken in front of the space capsule during your visit to Washington. Somehow that photo seemed the perfect shot to symbolize all of your great work. I have enjoyed reading your work over the past twenty years and teaching it to my middle school students as well. I have taught many of your short stories and also "The Martian Chronicles," and I look forward to teaching "Fahrenheit" for the first time this spring. My students love you, I love you, and I thank you for bringing so much pleasure into my life. You make me see things and feel things like I have never seen and felt them before. God bless you, and best wishes for a wonderful holiday season.

Lana M.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Next semester my creative-writing students will learn from "The Day It Rained Forever," and my second novel will see publication: I am indebted to you for both occurrances.

Lance Hawvermale, and lizard

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone top 'best wishes' from Ray Bradbury himself to us all? Highly unlikely!!

A book of dog stories from a cat lover? Now that's different! What can be expected here but a lovely take on man's best friend.

Scripture mentions that after the fall, animals, against their will, were made subjected to man. Imagine that!! They didn't want to have anything to do with all that happened. So a dog hearing confessions seems right. Is any person going to confess to their hand in a dog's lowly place in this life?

Best wishes back to you, Ray, from my family and myself as well, and my dog,
Peter.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Mr. Weller,

Thank you so much--first, for your kind offer to pass a few words along to Mr. Bradbury, and second, for your hard work on a book I'm going to love reading.

And, to Mr. Bradbury,

How do you adequately thank someone for changing your life? Where are the words? Yet, my life, and the lives of my family and friends are more vibrant, more caring, all because 35 years ago, I started and continued reading what you wrote. Thank you for years of hope, faith, inspiration, and fired imagination. Deepest and heartfelt congratulations too, on the National Endowment for the Arts Award, a well-deserved honor.

Best and kindest holiday wishes, and indeed, may God bless.

dave hoffee//"ravenswake"

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

Thank you so much for being YOU and sharing YOU with US!

For responding to my correspondence way back in 1980 and making so many wonderful things possible!

Merry Christmas and Many Happy New Years!

LOVE!

Cornelia Shields

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

You are an amazing man. Thank you for sharnig your gift of words with the world and changing mine and so many other lives. You have inspired me to write and see the world in a different way. May you live forever!

Nick Davidson

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Bradbury,

Greetings from England, where your work continues to be loved. We look forward to your new books, and the new film productions of your stories. Merry Christmas!

Phil Nichols
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

Best wishes and Merry Christmas from all russian fans. We love you, read and wait impatiently for the new books and translations! I have a lot of friends from all over the country, which i met owing to you. My bride is your fan. So, my gratitude has no borders.
Reading your books is to grow love in soul, increasing love in Universe. And we do. All over the world. Yes.

Welcome: immersion.raybradbury.ru

Pavel Gubarev
Orenburg, Russia.

Thanks to Sam Weller!

[This message has been edited by elron (edited 12-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by elron (edited 12-07-2004).]

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray:

Merry Christmas to you and your entire family, and best wishes for a fantastic 2005! Your work has enriched my life for the past 40 years, and continues to do so to this day! God bless!

With much affection,

Richard

Posts: 2443 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury,

Everyone, and I mean "everyone" from the secretaries in the office, to the English staff, to (of course) the students!!, was thrilled to read the recent message of thanks you sent to us. Imagine! Time for fans in a small town in the middle of nowhere in the uppermost regions of NYS. But, it is we who owe you so many thanks!!

You have always found a way to reach out (even to the stars) to make a difference. This message via Mr. Weller is an excellent example! It is great to have heard from you personally in this medium.

Your "Skeleton" card adorns the front bulletin as we complete a major writing unit. (Now "that" is setting a standard for today's students! Another great metaphor!!)

God bless. Merry Christmas Season!

Love from all here, I'm sure!!
FP

*Mr. Weller, you have made our day!
We all await with quickened hearts the release of your book on Mr. Bradbury.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 12-07-2004).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Love You Too, Mr. Bradbury.

Posts: 194 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray,

Emerson said, "There are two classes of poets -- the poets by education and practice, these we respect; and poets by nature, these we love." You have always been a poet by nature and, therefore, much loved.

Green Shadow

P.S.

Sam,

Emerson also said "Great geniuses have the shortest biographies." In Ray's case, though, I hope that you prove Emerson wrong!

[This message has been edited by Green Shadow (edited 12-07-2004).]

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays to Ray and his family!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post