Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    What are YOU doing?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are YOU doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Funny, it worked earlier...here it is again:
http://artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_word_gallery_item.a...=52594&id=1649072584

or try this one:
http://artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_word_gallery.asp?id=1649072584&counthit=1

the story is "When the Stars Shine No More"

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 03-04-2004).]

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I don't get why it won't work, but if you just copy the text on the link and paste it into the top of your browser (where the web address goes) it works.
http://artconspiracy.com/conspiracy_word_gallery_item.a...=52594&id=1649072584

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon,
I read your story, and I must say I enjoyed it. It had a particularly good ending I thought. Good job!

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at 37, I've been a Ray fan for over 25 years.
What do I do? I write, a little. My first story won Honorable Mention in The Writer's Journal Short Story contest for 2002. They still haven't published the story, though.
Ray definitely has inspired the way I think, the way I see the world, and the stories that tell themselves to me. You see, I hold to Ray's belief that the stories write themselves, and I am just along for the ride. I take his direction: I don't interfere with the characters.
Of course, I don't write much, and I will probably never make money at it. That's alright. I write for the same reason I read. Simply because I enjoy it.
Anybody interested in my 3 Bell, Tx. stories, I'll email them to you. And a letter I wrote to a friend. Ironically, I believe that is the best thing I have ever written, and may be the best I ever will write.

Clay

[This message has been edited by Tilt Boss (edited 03-05-2004).]

AIM = Tilt Boss

Posts: 17 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tilt Boss, I am interested in reading your stories.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested, also.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice story, Groon. Nice touch with the cities/stars. I personally love star gazing; I even made up my own monthly star maps. To think that there are people out there who haven't ever recognized Orion or Cannis Major is beyond me. I mentioned this before, but I'll post some mars photos from my univeristy's 40cm telescope the next time that good weather rolls around.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yestermorrow and Mr. Dark, you should have the stories. Public comments welcome!

Clay

AIM = Tilt Boss

Posts: 17 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tilt Boss,
I read your stories. Pretty good stuff. I'd say I liked "The Sunshine Walker" the best of the three. All were good. Keep up the writing!

posted Hide Post
It's nice to come to a board where I have so much in common with the other tenants. It is a rare thing when people of like minds can mingle in one place, a writers Tower of "Babble".

I've been reading my whole life, I cried when I got home the first day of kindergarten because they didn't teach me how to read. I went over my brief writing history on the thread I started when I first got here. I've just recently started writing with regularity and have never been published. I have two jobs currently, one real and one not so real. By day, I am an assistant manager at a bank, I don't love the job but it pays the bills and I like the people I work with. By night, or to be more specific, by weekends, I am a professional wreslter, but that "job" is in its twilight, and I am really looking forward to the future. I am starting on my third Ray book, Somthing Wicked This Way Comes, and, NO, I have not seen the movie. The other two were: The Illustrated Man and Farenheit. I also have picked up The Holloween Tree and From the Dust Returned. If I can recomend a book that can actually change your life, it would be Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. It can make you question the very way in which you go through life. Well, good luck to all, I look forward to stopping by and learning more about you.

Shawn

Posts: 2 | Location: Boynton Beach, FL | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also more of a reader than a writer. I used to write short stories, but I rarely have time now. I'm hoping to finish up school in Terre Haute, IN soon, then move back to Indianapolis. I do make the time to read everything I get my hands on now though.

Posts: 5 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yestermorrow:
Tilt Boss,
I read your stories. Pretty good stuff. I'd say I liked "The Sunshine Walker" the best of the three. All were good. Keep up the writing!

Thankyou, thankyouvermuch...

AIM = Tilt Boss

posted Hide Post
Tiltboss,
I would like to read your stories and, as they're receiving good reviews, I can't wait.

All,
Please visit the "Who are YOU" thread under the Resources category to tell us about your screen name! And, of course, to learn about those of we who have already been there!

posted Hide Post
I am interested inanyone's stories and i would like to read them. Please send some to me.

Posts: 23 | Location: Sherburne, NY, 13460 | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I write science fictions stories. I guess they're science-fiction. More of a sci-fi fantasy setting with pyscological type stories... odd.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post