Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Storys/Stories.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storys/Stories.
 Login/Join

posted
How about a page were people could post their own Story's?
Just a thought.

Posts: 6 | Location: Europe. United Kingdom. Bulgaria. | Registered: 31 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My own objection as moderator to people posting original work was that posts can be moderated, stories and poetry can only be censored! People have posted poetry nonetheless. I was thinking of going through some old school papers to find a Ray-inspired story I wrote in high school. If other people feel all right about sharing their original work and having the work of others appear here, I will acquiesce to the majority sentiment. Try to keep it in this thread and reasonably clean as many kids do come here.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say: go ahead. These message boards are too quiet these days, and I would welcome anything that keeps the site busy.

But as dandelion says, keep it to a single thread so that it's easy to find (and easy to ignore if people aren't interested).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds fun!

I would add, however, that since this is a public forum (not password protected), many publishers would consider work posted here as "published." That would mean many markets for fiction would not take a look at a story posted here as they only consider previously unpublished work.

Perhaps this would not be a concern for folks, but I did think it was worth mentioning.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post