Ray Bradbury Forums
Storys/Stories.

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/5997001376

01 June 2016, 03:06 AM
RPMcD
Storys/Stories.
How about a page were people could post their own Story's?
Just a thought.
01 June 2016, 11:14 PM
dandelion
My own objection as moderator to people posting original work was that posts can be moderated, stories and poetry can only be censored! People have posted poetry nonetheless. I was thinking of going through some old school papers to find a Ray-inspired story I wrote in high school. If other people feel all right about sharing their original work and having the work of others appear here, I will acquiesce to the majority sentiment. Try to keep it in this thread and reasonably clean as many kids do come here.
02 June 2016, 03:14 PM
philnic
I say: go ahead. These message boards are too quiet these days, and I would welcome anything that keeps the site busy.

But as dandelion says, keep it to a single thread so that it's easy to find (and easy to ignore if people aren't interested).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
13 June 2016, 10:06 AM
davidafshar
Sounds fun!

I would add, however, that since this is a public forum (not password protected), many publishers would consider work posted here as "published." That would mean many markets for fiction would not take a look at a story posted here as they only consider previously unpublished work.

Perhaps this would not be a concern for folks, but I did think it was worth mentioning.