Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    All the way to Sweden

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All the way to Sweden
 Login/Join

posted
SmilerRay Bradbury in the 60:s
I was a teenager in Norrköping, Sweden, always reading, always longing for words, expressions, ideas, lives and worlds to discover. Then I met Ray Bradbury, his books translated to swedish, his creativity and imagination - philosophy - hitting me right in the middle of my young soul. I read a lot of science fiction those yoears , but Bradbury had more to give than just glimps of futures to be. And his way of writing was so clean, so poetical, so inspiring! He was lecturing creative writing at some university, and when I was 22 I attended a course in creative writing at Uppsala University in Sweden, inspired by Ray Bradbury: the reading of his books but also the reading about him. Well, of course inspired by more than that,but among al other sources of inspiration...By that time I already had my exam as a journalist, this one semester course was my gift to my self, wanting to be a novel writer and a poet. Did I manage? Hm, a bit, you might say. Some books written years later. Acceptable rewievs. No more than that. Still - Ray Bradbury is a great writer, an author with a very inspiring imagination and language and I still, at the age of 55, read him with great pleasure ! So, Ray Bradbury, sir, your middleaged swedish reader says Thank you old man, you gave me a lot of good stuff for life and work and I want to whish you a very Good New Year on the first day of 2007!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Great to have you on board the board! I will bump up the "Where Y'all From?" thread now that we have another country represented!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post