Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Something Wicked This Father's Day Comes

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Wicked This Father's Day Comes
 Login/Join

posted
Took my family to Six Flags Magic Mountain, today, Father's Day 2007. My favorite thing to do on Father's Day is to have a true family outing with my wife and kids. Usually either an amusement park outing, a movie, or a day at the beach. As mentioned earlier, we spent the day at Magic Mountain. Tradition also has it to always start at the Carousel Ride. Today, we actually rode it twice while also going on the more "tamer" rides Six Flags has to offer. Whether it is Magic Mountain, Disneyland, or Knott's Berry Farm, once that music starts I look up and down the carousel for Mr. Dark, from Something Wicked This Way Comes. Anyone else have a carousel story to share? To all of you dads and grandads out there, including Ray Bradbury, "Happy Father's Day!"

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greenray, I have been to Disneyland several times and Knotts Berry's Farm once (do they still have Montezuma's Revenge?) but never quite made it to Six Flags. If I remember correctly it is north of LA about 12 miles or so. Do I remember correctly or not?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1, Knott's Berry Farm still has the coaster you mentioned, but it is now known as "Montezooma's Revenge" for some reason, and is located in the Fiesta Village Section. Six Flags Magic Mountain is 34 miles north of Downtown LA, and about 16 miles north of the San Fernando Valley.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post