Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury Moments
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Moments
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy New Year to you, Butch, and all my Bradbury-loving friends!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, "Howdy!' Ol' Pard! Great to have you visit back on board.

I hope this finds all healthy with the sun and shade well-timed on each of your current trails! Cold here in our neck of the woods, but that is to be expected for the next few months. It's kind of like landing on Mars every year. It can only get better as the days roll by...

One of the boys (scruff #1) is heading to college in the coming months. The pages of Dandelion Wine sure come to mind - it happens so quickly. Son #2 is right on his heels, a la Doug and Tom. The Sound of Summer Running remains close to all they do, but the patter of it seems to get further in the distance the taller they grow.

Drop by more often to keep us posted on interests and readings. It gets rather slow in these parts with Mr B on the other side of the river. Always a pleasure to hear from you and hope '14 is indeed rewarding and peaceful for you and your kin!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shocking!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-A...RNIVAL-/291073505718

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! ....in a "very" Bradburian way!

http://www.johnjudy.net/wp-con.../06/mr-electrico.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, "Carpe Diem!" Sit in the chair! Smiler

posted Hide Post
Now this will be a "Bradbury Moment!!"

"Called an 'opposition,' this happens with Mars from Earth's perspective every 778 days, or 2 years, 1 month and 18 days. On the day of opposition, Mars, Earth and the sun fall on a straight line"

And I am sure..."the Moon (will) Be Still as Bright"
http://news.yahoo.com/rare-sig...-week-114608526.html

posted Hide Post
Whilst traversing one of Portland's finer neighborhoods this afternoon (including a walk thru the stunningly beautiful Laurelhurst Park with iced coffee in hand) I ran across a charming old Victorian on a tree-lined street (but aren't they all?!) for sale. The sign hammered into the front yard indicated that the seller was one Greentown Realty. That made me (and all Bradbury fans, I shouldn't wonder) smile. On an unrelated note, this is the second time today I've used the word "whilst", a good word!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Douglas, I hope you don't mind my asking. I read somewhere that there was a stage play, recently performed in Portland, based on the movie SOMEWHERE IN TIME. Was wondering if you caught it, and if so, if you liked it? Thanks.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Douglas, I hope you don't mind my asking. I read somewhere that there was a stage play, recently performed in Portland, based on the movie SOMEWHERE IN TIME. Was wondering if you caught it, and if so, if you liked it? Thanks.

I haven't been to anything here yet as I only just moved here in May, but it seems like a great town for the arts!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who else do we know who "graduated from the library"?

Third story down.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
As the first hints and touches of autumn arrive throughout our North Country hillsides, pumpkins are beginning to peek from beneath large-leafed vines. The grapes of summer ooze of purple, pink, or amber juices. Weeds of every color imaginable now paint the landscapes of open fields. As day rushes to night, bats can be seen wildly flitting about. For the cooling eves offer fewer flying morsels, before the air is too chilled and darkening skies once again are filled only with stars and the frosted breaths of twelve year old boys seeking adventure....

Ah, yes! "Live Forever!!"

A nicely written recent article and review of key biographic works on Mr. Bradbury.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...-brad_b_5698201.html

posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summer's warmth has waned.
Creatures are making their moves.
Now, Perfect Autumn !

http://mediad.publicbroadcasti...ins_by_Pat_Blank.JPG

posted Hide Post
Happy first day of autumn!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
2014 ~Celebrate that which has been shared!
May Peace and Good Health be yours ~ 2015!

http://wallforu.com/wp-content...allery-Wallpaper.jpg