Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Tribute to Ray Bradbury from Russian writers

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tribute to Ray Bradbury from Russian writers
 Login/Join

posted
Nard Kordell has already wrote abouit it here, but as we can't post reply to his topic, i write it here, in this topic.

The book "New Martian Chronilces" (Novye Masrianskie Khroniki) was released in June 2005. Publisher: "RIPOL classic", Moscow, Russia.

This book is a collection of short stories by modern science fiction and fantasy writers in honor of Ray Bradbury. The collection comprises new short and long stories dedicated to him. The stories are not a direct continuation of Bradbury's plots and themes. Each author has his own original theme since Bradbury's Mars is just a venue where any event can take place. The authors were bound by only two conditions: first, the events take place on Mars, secondly, the story shall not be a parody and must conform to the spirit of Bradbury. In other words, no matter how gloomy, the story shall be lyrical and not hopeless. At the same time, it should not necessarily imitate Bradbury's style. Thus it was proposed to the authors to look at the subject through Bradbury's eyes and to depict it in their own words and language. As if Bradbury is standing behind the writer's shoulder and prompts pieces of advice from time to time.

On this site: http://raybradbury.ru/tribute/ you can read five stories from the book in English. The translation from Russian into English is made by Julia Dymova and Aram Ohanian.

This book is devoted to mr. Bradbury's 85 birthday!

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pavel, many thanks for making these stories available to us. I look forward to reading them.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to know opinions and impressions of everyone who has read these stories. Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pavel Gubarev,

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing these stories with us, Pavel. I have just completed "The Last Nail" by Vladimir Iljin, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This story reminded me of Mr. Bradbury's "The Toynbee Convector"--all people, I believe, must have hope to survive and this story is an excellent example of that. Your site and philnic's site are great places to visit. Keep up the great work! I will read more as time permits.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post