Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Reason I'm a Writer Now
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reason I'm a Writer Now
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Bradbury is, as the best compliment I can muster for him, classic.

And classy.

Kudos to him.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a published author and the only reason that I ever wrote is because Ray Bradbury. I read Something Wicked This Way Comes when I was thirteen and then Fahrenheit 451 when I was 14. He is the only reason that I am a writer to this day.

Oh, yeah, by the way, my novel was released into bookstores yesterday!

Respectfully,
Zachary K. Zeitlow
Author of the Orphaned Key

"By the pricking of our thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Posts: 6 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 30 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well he's not the reason I am a writer now, but he's def a big influence on the genre of sci fi and therefore myself.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase an old saying with a new twist:

"If Bradbury did not exist...
it would be necessary to invent him"

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would probably be a writer anyway, but I would be a much different one if it wasn't for Ray. My book came out yesterday too, and I am kind of nervous as I want decent sales and reviews. We shall see, still, a life's dream has finally been realized.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977411036/103-7762743-5127004

Posts: 17 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oscar, congratulations on your book's release. It must be very heart warming for you to see your hard work culimating in a sharp looking publication, one that you can hold and feel, and rift through the pages and realize that it is yours.

Thanks also for the Amazon link as many will wish to pursue purchasing your new book.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oscar Deadwood, your book looks wonderful! I'll have to read it.

By the way, Im not trying to be a copy-cat or anything: =http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1424119197/sr=8-1/qid...60?%5Fencoding=UTF8]

Posts: 6 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 30 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you too, Zachary, I hope it goes well. Is it your first book?

It is very, very rewarding, biplane1, I still have yet to receive my author's copies, they are due to arrive June 5, so, I am sitting on my hands until then, and then I'm sure the thrill will be very real. Thanks again.

And I probably wouldn't be as good of a writer if it wasn't for Ray, either, not only different. Reading him has taught me a lot.

Posts: 17 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oscar, yes, this is my first publication and am so blessed beyond words!

I hope your book sells. I'll have to order it and read it!!!