Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Something for Mr. Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something for Mr. Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I remember the dismantling of Anaheim well. We got truckloads of bricks from the rubble. We never did do anything with all those bricks.

Did you ever eat breakfast at THE ORIGINAL PANCAKE HOUSE on Lincoln near State College? They're still there, and still making their famous German Apple pancake/pandoudy extravaganza thingy.

I remember buying Vans tennies/deck shoes at the factory just down the street from there and that wonderful smell of warm rubber.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-09-2005).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:
Original House of Pancakes? Absolutely. Noisiest place in Anaheim. Somehow the noise of everyone banging their forks and spoons and plates and cups rattling along with talk and every other noise seemed to perfectly bounce several hundred times and ultimately land as one big continuous crashing clamor
I don't know if it is the woodwork thruout the large room, or what. It was a converted house.

The print shop I used to work for got sold to a couple of jerks who took to the company for a ride ...and now the three-building complex is empty, at least as of last year.

Well, like I said, we probably passed each other in traffic or on the street somewhers along the line...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post