Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Nominate RB As "The Greatest American"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nominate RB As "The Greatest American"
 Login/Join

posted
I think this is for AOL subscibers only.

I nominated him six times. I'm sure one(or six) more votes for "Honest Abe" wouldn't be missed.

http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 01-13-2005).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hehe, I just did it three more times.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I just voted for him three times, too!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys haven't been voting in the Washington Governor's race by any chance, have you?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lived in Chicago for many years. There, dead people have been known to vote. Also, the motto is,"Vote early and vote often."

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to aol.com/greatestamerican, and though I'm not an aol subscriber, the site sure acted like it took my votes for Ray. Perhaps I should try a few more times, just to make sure I got it right. . .!

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new motto in Washington State is, "Every vote counts. Count every dead person's vote!"

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday when I tried to vote for Ray again, the site said that votes from the same address could only be taken once, so I figured they must have wised up, but today they allowed me to vote again, three more times. Go, Ray!!

posted Hide Post
Sure, I've been stuffing the ballot box. Why not? Anything to get his name out there. Heck, I'd vote for RB as "Greatest Nascar Driver", "Greatest Sheepherder", or "Greatest Appliance". Anything to get his name out there. Might turn some Aghgani Sheepherder into a fan. Never know.

posted Hide Post
12 votes and counting!!

posted Hide Post
21 or 24 for me, I've lost count.

Go Ray!

posted Hide Post
It's still allowing me to nominate RB. I must be up to about 60-70 by now.

posted Hide Post
I'm up to 38. I'm planning on voting every day!

posted Hide Post
Just saw on The Today Show that you can vote for the "Greatest American" on www.discovery.com. Today is the LAST day so I voted for my favorite American writer, RB, of course.

Vote!

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post