Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lectures
 Login/Join

posted
Will Ray be lecturing again this year? I missed his lecture at Uof R last spring and would really like to see him in person. Not only did he influence me when I was a child, but he is my 14-year-old son's favorint author. I sure would love to know his schedule.

Cherie Smith

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cherie~
Ray lectures a lot, in fact.

Here are movies where Ray will be appearing on October 10th/11th.

click on ~ http://www.americancinematheque.com/archive1999/2008/Eg...20THIS%20WAY%20COMES

Look thru these postings (go to later pages for recent stuff)...and you may find some upcoming lectures/appearances you can attend.

click on~ https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7971067253

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cherie:
Will Ray be lecturing again this year? I sure would love to know his schedule.

Cherie, a better question might be "will Ray be lecturing again this week!"

Alexandra would probably like to know his schedule too! He's a difficult fellow to keep up with.

Go Ray, go!

(But be sure to get plenty of rest.)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Ray do lectures in PA at all? I live in Pittsburgh, and it has been a dream of mine to see Ray in person. Unfortunately, I am a college student, and am not able to afford a trip to LA. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Sam

"Witness and Celebrate."
-Ray Bradbury

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by src89:
Does Ray do lectures in PA at all?

Not outside southern California.

You're gonna have to save up for a trip west!

It'll be worth it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"1000 nights and you are well on your way to being more creative!"

A grin etched on my face from start to finish as I watched this 2/01 video lecture:
http://scifistandpoint.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/spendin...e-with-ray-bradbury/

Indeed, "Pure Poetry and Beauty!!!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've seen this before - it's a great lecture!

I think he looks better with long hair.

"Live Forever!"