Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Song inspired by Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Song inspired by Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Hi folks, first post...

I first came across Ray Bradbury in 7th grade, when my history teacher showed us Fahrenheit 451. From then on, I found anything I could of his. While I was a senior in High School, I read his collection of short stories entitled "The Toynbee Convector," and it blew me away.

Now, 10 years later, I was trying to find a way to send Ray a song that I wrote based off that short story and a little bit from his life. The song is called "Toynbee," and can be heard at www.manicbloom.com/main.php - it's currently the first song on the player, but will be moved to track 3 or 4 soon. (We're releasing a new record in the next couple of weeks, so we're featuring a new song each week).

I was hoping to find a way to send Ray a copy of the album. I realize it's probably not the kind of music he'd frequently listen to, but he had a profound effect on my life, and I'd love to thank him.

-David

Posts: 3 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 10 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello David, and welcome to the board!

Excellent music~! Your band is very good, and I'm glad our Ray has helped inspire you and your beautiful music.
Be sure to tell us when your record drops into stores so I can be sure to get a copy!

You should talk with our senior members,Dandelion or Doug Spaulding, as I believe they could help you send it, and I'm sure Ray would appreciate it.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
You should talk with our senior members,Dandelion or Doug Spaulding, as I believe they could help you send it, and I'm sure Ray would appreciate it.

Thank you for your kind words, but I consider myself fairly junior - I am only 12 years old, after all!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I am only 12 years old, after all!

Really? I'm your senior then? Wow...since when is being 20 old...I'll be 21 this October! How time flies...

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kukai_Aoki! Is there a way for me to send a message to Dandelion? I assume there would be, but I don't see it upon first look.

Thanks also for the comments on the music! The record won't be available in stores - just digitally via iTunes/Rhapsody/etc and physically from our website. We're a very small independent band, so getting distribution isn't really in the cards for now. The album will be "released" on July 20th, but I'm already shipping the preorders out. The release date is really just for the digital outlets.

By the way - the lyrics to "Toynbee" are at http://www.manicbloom.com/music.php#12

Posts: 3 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 10 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manicbloom:
I was hoping to find a way to send Ray a copy of the album. I realize it's probably not the kind of music he'd frequently listen to, but he had a profound effect on my life, and I'd love to thank him.

David: forrestjbradbury at gmail dot com - we'll talk.

Music aside, I believe Ray would appreciate the lyrics as a lovely poem (and homage) of Toynbee and his convector.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome - thanks! Just sent you an email.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 31 | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, cool, it worked.....

Posts: 31 | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post