Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Bradbury Is the next Nostradamus
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Is the next Nostradamus
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Pink orange i agree with you. Ray is an amazing person,according to the god of this site anyway lol
#realtalk

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A Pink Orange:
...i might have to read some more Bradbury books to get a better understanding of his work...

I highly recommend it!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thunder, I was just proving a point, if you want to, tell someone to, "go crawl in hole and die.", forgive me if I'm mistaken, try omegle, the experience is mucg more fun. On, the note of Ray Bradbury, I agree with, A Pink Orange, if i read a little more of his work, preferabbly the short stories, I dont have time for novels, I may grow to more appreciate Ray Bradbury as more than a "sci-fi" or "fantasy" author, but on a much wider spectrum. I beleive he has talent, but I need to see much more writing to be 100% sure.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 24 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh! I remember reading a sound of thunder in 7th grade! It was pretty good from what i can remember. I did not realize it was one of Ray's? Didn't it have something to do with them going back in time and having to stay on a path because otherwise it would alter the future in an enormous way or something? and the one guy stepped on a butterfly i think? I cannot remember too much more.. but i do remember some. Very good story!

Posts: 9 | Registered: 24 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guitargirl116:
Oh my gosh! I remember reading a sound of thunder in 7th grade!...Didn't it have something to do with them going back in time and having to stay on a path...

It sure did! Classic story, highly influential. And yet it was originally rejected by the editors of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction because they found it totally implausible!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post