Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Bradbury Is the next Nostradamus
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Is the next Nostradamus
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, i'm a pink orange and I would like to say that I am new on this website. I am not a big fan of Ray Bradbury at all but I think his books have a certain meaning of reality to them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: A Pink Orange,

Posts: 17 | Location: Connellsville | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RAy Bradbury is an amazing person

(Unacceptable comments referred to in the following post have been deleted. Dandelion.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thundercats, why don't you TAKE A STEP BACK. You don't prosecute someone for their opinion. Thats ridiculous. If you wanna opress someone do it somewhere else. This forum is about how Mr. Bradbury INSPIRED YOU. If someone isn't being inspired, then instead of prosecuting them, ask why. You need to hear out a Orange. In fact I want to know what you mean by that. His books have a good mirror of a reality, or maybe a future reality, to me at least.
I GO HARD.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 24 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, A Pink Orange, and welcome. All opinions are welcome here, especially INFORMED opinions!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reading these comments, and i must agree with A Pink Orange I find Bradbury to have a pessimistic view on how technology will effect our future, though i believe he is gripping writer.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@Philnic

I would like to ask you a question philnic. one how do you tag people in a message? Also what is your opinion on bradbury's writing? I think he needs to focus more on his character and their emotions. He focuses to much on the setting, which isn't bad but if you don't work on your characters what's the point of a story? I would like to know philnic if you feel the same way or if you have a different opinion on the matter. I would also like you to tell me about a few other bradbury books. I would like my knowledge of Bradbury to expand I need to know more before I criticize. Please respond.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: A Pink Orange,

Posts: 17 | Location: Connellsville | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury is the next Nostradus? Really? Lets get our heads on straight for a second. This is just a ridiculous statement to say. Who created this topic? (A Pink Orange) Ray Bradbury is a great author, but he is not God. I enjoyed reading his stories because I can relate to the characters. I am more of a down to earth person and don't get caught up in the "real word". Ray's characters are the same, going up river instead of down along with everyone else. Who doesn't want to be unique?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 24 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@Woodboy22
Yes i said woodboy22. I was comparing ray to Nostradamus because they both predict the future. Also Nostradamus was not a god. I think you may be referring to Zues or Loki but not Nostradamus. I hope you aren't referring to Nostradamus

posted Hide Post
I was not saying Nostradamus was a god. Don't get all rattled tough guy. Also, your calling me a boy? Let me guess... your with the rest of these kids posting all of the wall. I don't care if your doing this for a class or not. You say "real talk"? I'm surprised you can spell real.

posted Hide Post
Ok Jake that really hurt my feelings i'm telling miss Niswonger!

(Better you than I. D.)

P.S. You're a kid too!

(Blatantly obvious. D.)

posted Hide Post
Way to blow my cover!

posted Hide Post
You guys crack me up. ahahha.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A Pink Orange:
...I would like to ask you a question philnic. one how do you tag people in a message?

I don't think you can on this message board.

quote:
Also what is your opinion on bradbury's writing?...

I think he is one of the most remarkable writers of the 20th century (which is when he did most of his best work). His writing overflows with ideas, can be remarkably clear and fast-paced when it needs to be, but can be remarkably evocative and poetic at other times. You probably have to look at his short stories for the best examples of this. "A Sound of Thunder" has a perfect, energetic description of a tyrannosaurus. "The Veldt" has a spot-on evocation of a lion.

Characters are sometimes a problem in Bradbury. Bradbury claims that he doesn't write his stories; his CHARACTERS do it for him. Sometimes he doesn't develop their backgrounds very much, so you get the sense they only exist when they are "on screen". But this varies from story to story. DANDELION WINE has some very good characterisation, and (despite some of the comments you may have seen here recently) so does FAHRENHEIT 451.

If you want to know more about what I think about Bradbury, you should visit my website at www.bradburymedia.co.uk !

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok so since my last post got deleted, im gonna be nice because my momma(weedeater917) told me too. And as to me being rude towards Orange, im deeply sorry if i hurt his feelings in the last post. but i was just stating my opinion. and in america i can....

#realtalk

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@philnic
Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter if i'm not mistaken i read a "Sound of Thunder" when I was in 4th grade? I know i read it sometime but i can't remember when haha. This is very interesting though, i might have to read some more Bradbury books to get a better understanding of his work.
#realtalk