Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who
 Login/Join

posted
I just caught a Bradbury reference in a new Dr Who episode (shown on BBC TV in the UK this weekend). The Doctor and his new companion have just travelled back in time to the Shakespearean age. His companion asks if it is safe to walk about. "If we tread on a butterfly or something, won't it change the future?" she asks.
"Better not tread on any butterflies, then" he replies.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're still making "Dr. Who"? How many actors are they up to now?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, where have you been? Dr Who disappeared a long time ago, but was resurrected a couple of years ago by one of the UK's top TV writers, Russell T. Davies. In this new incarnation, the Doctor has so far been played by two actors, both of them considered among the best British actors (unlike the old days of Dr Who, when they used an increasingly weak series of second-rate comedy actors).

It's really nothing like the old version in style. I'm no longer ashamed of watching it!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, so that brings it up to, like, nine?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ten, I believe. Eleven if you count Peter Cushing, who was in a couple of Dr Who movies back in the 60s.

- Phil