Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Old Friends

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Friends
 Login/Join

posted
When I was 10, my family moved from Australia to the United States. I did not have any friends, so I spent many hours in libraries. Ray Bradbury's stories quickly became my best friends. I still visit my old friends. I am always moved by Mr. Bradbury's ability to make the everyday things seem extraordinary - like a new pair of shoes.
My favorite story is "Kaleidoscope". It is a very powerful work of art.
Thank you Mr. Bradbury. Your stories are breathtaking.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard that "Kaleidoscope" has been performed on the stage. I'd like to see how that plays out . . .

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PILLAR OF FIRE AND OTHER PLAYS FOR TODAY, TOMORROW AND BEYOND TOMORROW (Bantam, 1975) contains Bradbury playscripts for 'Kaleidoscope', 'Pillar of Fire' and 'The Fog Horn'. They're terrific, and there are some very clever uses of the stage medium to re-create the stories.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone::

...who ever hears of a ...Ray Bradbury play in their neck of the woods, go see it. Seems like a lot of colleges everywhere put something together once in a while.Would be interesting if some of us would look into posting what we find playing at universities drama departments... or even encourage someone at various schools to try their hand at putting a Bradbury production together.

Saw Kaleidoscope on stage... it was well done the 2 times I saw it by different groups. Fahrenheit 451 is done often...

Some ""brave souls"" out there should get a hold of Bradbury and see if they could get his 'okay' to do "Leviathan '99"...Ray's play that was only done once on stage as far as I know. It is based on his screenplay, Moby Dick. It's about a space captain who is blinded by a comet, Leviathan, and goes out with a spaceship to destroy it.....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post