Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    R rated bradbury tribute song
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R rated bradbury tribute song
 Login/Join

posted
I personally think this is a work of genius,...

and it made me smile Smiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IxOS4VzKM
Warning
this clip does have language which some people might find offensive...

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spotted this also earlier today, but lacked the martian equivalent or pumpkins to post it. I'm glad you did. L is for love, to be sure. Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely the catchiest tune I've heard in a long time. I'll be happily singing it all day.

Posts: 2 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: 18 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was glad to find out that this girl is also the author of the song.
America shoud be proud of its youth! Smiler

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering when this was going to make it on the Bradbury board. A lot of other authors have been pimping this video (Neil Gaiman for one) thinking it's very funny.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just asked her on facebook if she seriously was a true fan of Mr. Bradbury, she is indeed. And it was not me asking, but she is real in other places as well.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the link from Pavel via Facebook.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rachel Bloom (who wrote and performed the video) posted on her site - "It's official via e-mail: Ray loved the video!!!"

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just talked to someone very close to Ray and as far as we know he hasn't seen it yet, but will this coming Sunday on his 60 inch wide screen TV. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A girl on Facebook (Susan Gerbic-Forsyth) visited Ray and took a bunch of photos and one is of him looking at a laptop screen. She said she showed the video to him yesterday. But, she does not say anything about him "Liking it".

Part of what she posted - "Very nice man. He chuckled at one point during the video, not sure but I think it was when Rachel said she carved their initials on a Halloween tree. If interested people can go to my FB albums and see one called "Bradbury, magic @ Iig" and see the pictures one, taken while he was watching video and read about our adventure yesterday."

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be really curious as to find out if Ray found this vulgar or found it funny?

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gguthrie:
I would be really curious as to find out if Ray found this vulgar or found it funny?

So would I, but I'm willing to bet he laughed out loud at the part with her slapping the gal in the Vonnegut shirt!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:

Part of what she posted - "Very nice man. He chuckled at one point during the video, not sure but I think it was when Rachel said she carved their initials on a Halloween tree."

Which makes it even cuter when you consider they have the same initials!

posted Hide Post
I had not thought of that dandelion. You are right they do have the same initials.

Here is the first interview I have seen with Rachel Bloom.

http://comicpaloozablog.blogsp...-interview-with.html

Hey - It is now August 22!!! Happy Birthday, Ray!!!

posted Hide Post
I was just about to post the Aint It Cool update (with funny photo of Ray's face), but I see someone's sort of beat me to the punch.
Here, anyway: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46222

Posts: 2 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: 18 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post