Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    indigestible
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

indigestible
 Login/Join

posted
I think I may have killed this thread, and the resulting paralytic toxins spread through the whole forum. That four-page manifesto (under Bianca) lies there like a great indigestible mass --- the goat the big snake swallowed and now the snake can't move, and he lays there moaning (as if a snake could moan).

I guess sometimes we get carried away with our own little projects. Ah, humility is a good thing. I guess the best advice is, it's not that type of website.

Posts: 34 | Location: houston | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's unpredictable. Some of the posts I thought were my best, never got a reply. I thought I was being so eloquent, but others just didn't pick up the topic, or my ideas on it. Bummer.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(To the tune of "Unforgettable")

Indigestable, that�s what you are
Unpredictable though near or far
Like a swallowed goat that sticks in me
How that great big post just picks on me
Never before has someone been more

Indigestable....

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the late great Nate "King" Cole!

R: As for your "manifesto," that is exactly how I interpreted it. How can we argue, agree, comment upon, or even just nod our heads? These are your opinions about the "party" being over. Shut off the lights, lock the doors, and say our final goodbyes.

I found it had nothing to do with RB. So I remained aloof. I was curious, however, since your background and skills would seem to indicate you have much entrepeneurial energy and are self-motivated to get the job done with satisfaction in what has been accomplished. If that is the case, is not this the greatest place on the planet to make a difference and live a life that can enhance society?

RB's "Yestermorrow" is filled with articles that speak of this. Have you read it?

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed it. I take leave for a few days and miss all the action. Actually, I've been in the bomb cellar since Tuesday nite and we don't have a hook-up down there. I just came up for a quick looksy.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Henri,
If a snake could moan, it might LIE there moaning (intransitive verb).
Sorry. One of my pet peeves.

Dandilion, Very impressive!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were you afraid of the Martians, too, grasstains? Braling II, you're as bad as my dad, who would literally rise off his deathbed to correct someone's grammar!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid of the Republicans.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
I'm afraid of the Republicans.

Oh? Why?

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid of politicians, in general!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pterran:
Oh? Why?

Best,

Pete

Pete,

I'm not going to get into a debate with you or anybody else for about three years.

posted Hide Post
Grasstains,

As you wish.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I promise to be a good boy and stick to Bradbury --- until I start fidgeting in church again --- and the demons start clawing --- out, demons, out!

To Mr.D:
Guess I'm like an old wrassler, gotta have the thud of the mat one more time, lost without it. Where's da ropes? Led from the ring by gentle hands, he is dimly aware, like Blanche DuBois, that he must rely on the kindness of strangers. Don't think he doesn't appreciate it.

To Dandelion:
Hey bop a ree bop, sista. You one slick chick on the mellow side. Come to Treetop Papa, we go lindy hoppin at the Savoy, smoke a little gage, get looped.
--- Nat, 1944

Grasstains:
This, too, shall pass.

Flpj --- what was the spelling?:
I'm a working on it. And I have never in my life heard of 'Yestermorrows'.

P.S. I realize quick and timely response is a major part of the fun here, but when you're snowed under, it's catch-as-catch-can.

Posts: 34 | Location: houston | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YESTERMORROW: OBVIOUS ANSWER TO IMPOSSIBLE FUTURES. By Ray Bradbury. Joshua O'Dell Editions, Santa Barbara. 1991. A variety of really interesting essays by Ray Bradbury. Check it out if you get a chance.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I prefer to get my kicks on Route 66.