Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Ray's Movies
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Ray's Movies
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Oh Oh!
Hmm!
Let's see...
Last I heard, Mel Gibson fled the Fahrenehit 451 firetruck, and hopped a Fahrenheit 911 jet. He then jumped outta that 911 project before long, and was immersed in a film, "The Passion", all done in Aramaic without any subtitles, about the crucifixion of Jesus. Until recently, never heard his re-interest in working on 451.

As to The Martian Chronicles......?

(click on or type into finder): http://aztlan.net/thepassion.htm

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS...
...is actually the duplicate page of the above, which I have now deleted to a blank page, which I am now rewritting over. Hasn't happened for awhile. Somehow it was transmitted again, a few minutes after the above original.

Let's see...well, I could add, since I am here......
...that this is �ONE YEAR� I have been on board this site ...as of Today....
It's been an adventure....talking with everyone, and expressing my views on Ray, his works, the influence on my life, and reading all about the effects in the lives of others...

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-28-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary, Nard!! Or perhaps I should call you Mr. Website. I have noticed (with admiration) that you know a website reference for almost every topic that comes up. I enjoy all these links and the additional information you provide. You add a lot to this board, and I always enjoy your comments. Once again, Happy Anniversary!
P.S. Since you are the only Chicago resident that I am aware of on this board, I wanted to recommend to you the Newberry Library Used Book Fair and Bughouse Square Debates in late July. It is my all time favorite Chicago festival, and a chance to see Studs Terkel and other Chicago luminaries. If you've never been, definitely check it out!!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 06-28-2003).]

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imskipper:
Thanks!
That Newberry Library has an interesting story. Because it was blackened by a century-plus of Chicago soot, some Millionaire gave a large amount to Newberry if they would sand blast the building, after his death. But he got tired of waiting, and decided to get the thing sand-blasted while he was alive. So if you;ve seen it in the last couple years, it's a bright pinkish color nowadays. A really magnificent building...

I understand that Studs and Ray used to communicate once in a while in the past...

And now, in keeping with tradition, here's a picture of Newberry Library::
(click on or type into finder) http://www.planetware.com/photos/US/ILCH134.HTM

posted Hide Post
Ahh, there's no place like home. The picture has made me miss Chicago even more. Life in the suburbs is just not as much fun. And the thought of Ray and Studs knowing each other blows my mind--two of my favorite people!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imskipper:

I didn't realize it until now...
...that Website address I noted above is really amazing! It has hundreds of pictures from every State in the US. You can click on 'country' location, and flip thru hundreds of photos. Wow!

posted Hide Post
Nard:

Happy anniversary. It has been great participating with you on Ray's virtual home. You've added a lot of value!!!!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, thanks so much for all your contributions to the site.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all!

News that Katherine Hepburn died was broadcast this evening, June 29th.
Ray was friends with Katherine, and she was his 'favorite' actress.

(One by one they chip away ...until all that is left are brand-new people, whom we never heard of, and often all unlike any we admired or loved beforehand. In time, we grow to love some of them too, but usually just in time for a chipping away of our own...)

Ray likes to talk about his early meeting with Katherine Hepburn, when she requested him for writer of a screenplay based on an early 1900's play by Maurice Maeterlinck. That story of Ray and Katherine is floating around somewheres...

Hey!
I read this, perhaps scanned this... article years ago...but there is a 'lot' that Ray says in this article, the Playboy magazine article of 6 or 7 years ago. Interesting that at the end of the article Ray flatly denies the Divinity of Christ, or it's possibility... and makes a brief mention of Hepburn earlier on in the interview. Well worth the read....!!!

(click on, or type into finder): http://www.raybradbury.com/articles_playboy.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-29-2003).]