Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury's Awesome Legacy

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury's Awesome Legacy
 Login/Join

posted
I say this to protect Ray's legacy from himself. He's getting very old and grumpy and his mind is slipping. Ray, you did great. We love you for what you wrote. Thank you. This flap about Michael Moore taking your title is not your best moment, but it's insignifigant compared to your contributions to society.

You're probably tired of hearing this, but Moore's title is his own, copyrighted, he made it up. It's a reference to your title. It's protected speech and it's his own copyrighted title of his own excellent intellectual work. It's not yours and you can't have it back because he took nothing from you.

Posts: 2 | Location: boston | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
white_pythOn

Gee what would Ray do without you carefully protecting his legacy from himself?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"insignifigant?"
What's that about "mind slipping" ?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II

"mind slipping"?

That's what happens when you spell it... 'mulitifarious'.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, I hope white_pyth0n isn't related to Bruno Richard Hauptmann!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Touche!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um, titles can't be copyrighted you bafoon!

from the Us Copyright Office:

How do I copyright a name, title, slogan or logo?

Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases.

-Jesse

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of a random comment that misses the scores of posts that have already made that point.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all, the title is not Michael Moore's and he did not make it up. I have backed my statements many times in other threads and I invite you to view my comments.

This is a general statement to all Michael Moore fans on this board.

We are here to discuss Mr. Bradbury's work. Discussion concearning the dispute between MM and Bradbury is welcomed, but I find it very unneccasary for every MM fan who comes here to start a new thread telling Mr. Bradbury that he is old and senile... First of all, I think that he is well aware of his age. Secondly, I think that if he were diagnosed as senile he would know of it by now, but he has not been so I don't think it is appropriate or neccasary in either case to tell him that he is senile. Please leave these comments out of the conversations because they are irrelevant statements.

<A HREF="http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo," TARGET=_blank>http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo,</A> check out my site... It's Bitchin

Posts: 99 | Location: LaPorte, Indiana, United States of America | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post