Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    it has now come to pass

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

it has now come to pass
 Login/Join

posted
There was a whole catagory about Mr. Bradbury on "Jeopardy" last night. I guess he has now "arrived." In any case, the other day I found my Reader's Digest copy of "Tricks! Treats! Gangway" in its special place where I keep it to avoid losing it. It will have a new poignance for me now when I read it on Hallowe'en evening, now that Mr. Bradbury has passed. However, I couldn't help remembering the end of this charming vignette. That wonderful, magical Hallowe'en of 1927 was over, and little Ray's brother asked him why he was crying. Little Ray groaned that he may never have another Hallowe'en, because he might die in the next year. His brother, wiser than he, comforted his little brother with perfect logic by saying that if he died, he would then be part of Hallowe'en, and little Ray fell asleep smiling-- (Yes, Ray Bradbury is now "part of Hallowe'en, but then he always was--)

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The looks on the faces of Alex Trebek and the contestants when he said Ray had never driven a car were a treat!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it on Youtube? We don't get Jeopardy here.

Loved Viktoria's story!

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also would love to see that!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take, Ray Bradbury for $200, Alex!

http://j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3986

(BTW, I am sure you will all "run the column!")

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks fjp. I had no idea anyone was archiving the questions from quiz shows! I'd still like to see video of the contestants tackling this board, though, if anyone should spot it on YouTube or elsewhere.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I'd still like to see video of the contestants tackling this board, though, if anyone should spot it on YouTube or elsewhere.

It's on my DVR. I've been busy. Going to Green Town and stuff.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post