Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Changed forever.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changed forever.
 Login/Join

posted
Why is it that some people in this world that are th ewrost type of people never have anything bad happen to them? Why is it that the people in this world that are good have bad shit happens to them and they seem to always seem to be delt a shitty hand? If you know what I mean.

What is the reason behide it all? Is it fate? Is there someone, like "God", controlling everything? If so why isn't he fair? The big creator!

I guess all it comes down to is life is nt fair, we are products of who we are and we can not the past or who we are. People can not change. We are who we are.

That seem kind of lonely to think about, But what can any one do?

Posts: 23 | Location: Sherburne, NY, 13460 | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Ashley,
I have a little book suggestion for you (muha ha ha ha ah)...it's innocent and very well written, if you read french (evil maniac laughter again)...but I'm sure you can get a Translation of it if you really try (more evil maniac laughter)...It's called "Justine", and also goes by the alternative name of "The Misfortunes of Virtue"...(totaly unstoppable evil laughter)...it's been written by a certain Marquis who was quite the character immediately and during the French revolution. I strongly recommend it if you want to delve deeper into the idea that nothing bad happens to bad people. (Muha ha haha haha ha haha.....ah aha ahahhah...ahahah....aha)
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
actually, what your looking for is in "Something Wicked This Way Comes." when Will is asking his father about how hes a good person but never happy, his father says that the reason good people arent happy because almost every thing thats fun to do, is, in a way, a sin. so if you see a smiling person walking down the street he's most likely not truly a good person. ill try to come back later with a direct quote.

and Ashley, i know exactly how you feel. you have to shake it off. im not that popular in school and its probably because (most of the time) i follow the rules. but its ok, i dont care about that. i find happiness in other ways such as reading, writing, drawing, and being with very close friends. if im not doing those, im pretty depressed.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems a lesser number of bad things happen to bad people because they not only would not learn from them, but surviving these events would only make them worse. Then there are shallow people. For instance, this guy my sister knew who recovered from cancer. He was the same clueless jerk coming out as he was going in. Also, on another thread I posted the story of a man who survived the crash of the Hindenburg with no deep insight, nothing except being able to say he escaped.

If you believe in survival after death in any form, there is the possibility of ultimate justice. Those who believe in reincarnation think the soul has to go through many physical forms before achieving perfection. The shallower and more clueless they are, the more forms and therefore the more incarnations. Those who believe the soul moves to different realms do not discount the possibility of continued learning. Although many psychics may be bogus, a few have come up with great insights. One, George Anderson, has spoken repeatedly about how those on the other side are led to see how their actions affected others who are still here. Some individuals who have undergone near death experiences have said the same. The more baggage, the more the individual soul has to work through before beginning anything even resembling progression. This has helped me a great deal, as it seems to be the ONLY way to enable certain people who have wronged you to see ANYTHING. They are certainly NOT going to admit it to YOU! Unfortunately, they DO have to be dead to admit it at ALL. Only death completely removes the veils of denial in which certain individuals travel through life. Some people are just like that. (I'm not saying kill 'em, though--let them live out their natural life span. They might learn a LITTLE something!)

Of course, Ray achieves his therapy through writing, an effective way to expose wrongs, dispense ultimate justice, and even make those who read it think twice!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you know my father, back when he was in colledge, had cancer. i would say he learned alot from that. not that i knew him back then, but me mother did.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, it gets better, it's the dickens in the details that gets daunting...
I am diabetic, bipolar, have gaote, 4 herneated disc's already gone through carple tunnel surgery both hand's, bad sleep apnea, and plan on growing into, an ornery arthritic old coot! And at 43 my two daughters keep me young...
Life is truly good when you are distracted
beyond boredom, keep at it!
When all else fails punt!!!
uncle

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uncle:
Hang in there, it gets better, it's the dickens in the details that gets daunting...
I am diabetic, bipolar, have gaote, 4 herneated disc's already gone through carple tunnel surgery both hand's, bad sleep apnea, ashma and plan on growing into, an ornery arthritic old coot! And at 43 my two daughters keep me young...
Life is truly good when you are distracted
beyond boredom, keep at it!
When all else fails punt!!!
uncle

oops! and getting senile to boot, never used that quote feature. So glad it's Friday...

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 04-16-2004).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ettil:
his father says that the reason good people arent happy because almost every thing thats fun to do, is, in a way, a sin. so if you see a smiling person walking down the street he's most likely not truly a good person.

hehe hee. So true so true. I'm just glad that what was considered sin by previouse generations, has been stabbed kicked and thrown out by today's youth.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post