Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's 86th Birthday
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's 86th Birthday
 Login/Join

posted
Happy birthday to Ray on his 86th tomorrow! Usually I write a poem, but I have not had the time this year to give it any thought, personal problems taking the spotlight. Please, any that know and love the man and his work, take a minute to offer congratulations for a wonder life of letters and the positive effects his messages have on his readers.

Happy birthday first citizen of Mars!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A day early, but maybe we can send all these somehow tomorrow.

Dear Ray, happy completion of your 86th solar orbit!

Spinning at about 1,000 mph, and orbiting the sun at about 66,000 mph, it's no wonder one gets a bit tired, sometimes!

http://www.mwscomp.com/sounds/mp3/galaxy.mp3

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr. Bradbury,

And thank you for making this world shine just a little brighter.

~ charles

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When eventually we arrive on the Red Planet, August 22 on the Mars' calendar should always be officially recognized and celebrated as "Ray Bradbury Day!" Wouldn't it also be fitting to have a location named Bradbury Vista and another Green Town.

Cheers and Good Health, Mr. Bradbury. What an inspiration you are!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

Most years I get you a card. Some years it's on time. No matter what, you KNOW how special you are to me and that I LOVE YOU THE BEST!

Much love and best wishes for a VERY HAPPY BIRTHAY!

Cornelia Shields (Dandelion)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Ray Bradbury.

One year closer to living forever!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Ray!!! Onward to Mars! Thanks for giving me a perpetual rocket summer!

Love,

Greg W.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
s

Happy Birthday!
Your inspiration keeps us all looking up.
Thanks for the wonder.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Ray!

It's been a pleasure to see you in Minnesota each time you've visited and hope you're well and happy. I'll always remember your generosity and good humor when I asked for advice on writing...Zen and Art of Writing is a fantastic book.

I read Sam Weller's bio last year and really enjoyed it! All the best to Sam for "telling your story."

"'Tom, if this year's gone like this, what will next year be, better or worse?' 'Don't ask me.' Tom blew a tune on a dandelion stem. 'I didn't make the world.' He thought about it. 'Though some days I feel like I did.' He spat happily."

All the best,
Michael Maupin

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In all the vast wonder of the universe, you're truly one of a kind, Mr. Bradbury. Thanks for leaving a light on for all your fans. Happiest of Birthdays!!

--Dave

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Uncle Ray,

Without ZEN IN THE ART, I wouldn't have a collection of short stories in print today. I have enjoyed countless writers in my day, but you're the one who has inspired me in my writing the most. Happy birthday. And seriously, thank you for everything.

Posts: 1 | Location: Coast City, Iowa | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the best writer to ever put typewriter ribbon to paper: Happy Birthday!

And keep writing the other way when they give you ruled paper!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury,

Happy 86th Birthday!!

I want to take this time to thank you for the wonderful things you've done for literature!! I first read Fahrenheit 451 in the 9th grade...and from that one book grew my eternal love for the written word. It is, hands down, my favorite book of all time.

How amazing that a book written so long ago...can be so applicable to today's personal relationships, culture, and society. You predicted the rise of reality TV (the interactive walls), the burning of the written word, and even the structure of the American home (patios are now built on the back of the house- isolated from neighbors, friends, and personal communication). Each time I read it, I find a new reason to love and appreciate your masterpiece.

Sorry for the length of this birthday letter. This is the first, and will probably be the last letter that I ever write to you.

I want to wish you the happiest of birthdays and let you know the magnitude of the impact you've hand on my personal life. Your words have truly touched me. My future children and my future children’s children will so very much enjoy your work...I’ll make certain of it.

Bravo.

With respect and admiration,

Andrea Whitworth

Posts: 1 | Location: Delray Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post