Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray's 86th Birthday
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's 86th Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am sorry to show my ignaorance, but I never realized about the "no royalty" situation with Russia and I am sure that Irena did not realize that either.

Hopefully, the idea that thousands of Russians, Georgians, Ukranians, Siberians, etc., have come to know Ray will be payment enough for him.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Ray would not mind that much. Let's face it: he likely receives enough from his work to keep him comfortable, and the thought of his work reaching so many people that never before had the opportunity...

Well, you can imagine the possibilities. '451' comes to mind right away. Cool That particular book has positive effect wherever it goes.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brunch with Bradbury and Bean:

http://www.smmirror.com/MainPages/DisplayArticleDetails.asp?eid=3745

Venice is beautiful and unique. Bradbury's connection there is always fascinating.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much The Lake. I think that it is so fantastic when Board Members post interesting articles concerning Ray.

And Orson Bean! I remember him from many years back on television. He must be in his late 70s or so. Death Is A Lonely Business is one of my favorites among his trilogy and non-science fiction or fantasy works. I only wish he had another one of these lurking behind a door waiting to be dusted off, polished up a bit and published for us all to enjoy like his two coming out soon, Farewell Summer and Somewhere A Band Is Playing.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember Bean from an episode of the Twilight Zone!

Thanks, The Lake, for the link. I have read Ray's comments about the abandoned lion cages in the Venice canals many times. I wonder if anyone else ever saw them? Or photographed them? I would love to believe that they really existed, but it just seems so unlikely!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Orson Bean never fails to make me laugh, and RB never fails to inspire me.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradbury! (I just can't seem to be too familiar with you...) Thank you for so many years of scaring the pants off me (after I had time to think about what I had just read). Your books have been the light of my life, and I thank you for being who you are, and having the "sight" into the present and the future of where we may (or in some instances, may not) go. You are my all-time favorite author. May you truly live forever, and continue to excite our imaginations and shape our future!

David W. DeHaan Sr.

Posts: 1 | Location: Glenwood Springs, CO | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear David,

I certainly hope that you do not take it wrong or think that it is with disrespect that some of us on the Board refer to Ray Bradbury as Ray.

After having met him almost 40 years ago, corresponded with him over the years, and speaking with him on the phone once in a while, it would seem awkward for me to refer to him as Mr. Bradbury. And Ray is not a formal person.

I respect the feelings that you have for Ray and understand, but if you wanted to refer to him as Ray, I am sure that he would not mind.

posted Hide Post
Robert M Blevins
Heck yeah! Why should Ray Bradbury care about a lost million here or a million there. Actually, why should he even be bothered with any country that prints his stories and never pays him a dime? That wouldn''t bother you if that happened to you, would it? As long as your book was distributed and people read and enjoyed it. So you are right. It shouldn't be a concern for Mr. Bradbury as well.*

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post