Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A Message From Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Message From Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Holiday well wishes to the RB Bulletin Board. I've been meaning to do this for sometime. Ray is going to post a message to all of you a little later tonight.

A quick update-- my bio is slated to be published April 5. If someone can explain how the heck I can post a PDF on here, I'll paste in an image of the cover. Ray and I will likely be at the UCLA Festival of Books next Spring, as well as at the San Diego ComicCon in July. We are also working out the details for an RB trip back to Chicago and Green Town for the book launch.

For those of you who have emailed me, I'm so sorry I've been remiss in getting back to you. Hit me again. Between my book, my new beautiful baby, teaching a hundred students per semester and freelancing, I'm a basket case.

Much more later tonight.

Feliz Navidad,

SW

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam: Good to hear from you and I'm excited to see what Ray has to say.

If it's okay, I do have an email I may forward back to you.

Congratulations on a publication date for your book. Many of us are dying to get it. If Philnic see this, he can help you post the cover shot. I'll be anxious to see it.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A message from Ray Bradbury?

Oooh...I can't wait.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eric--

By all means send your email. And to everyone else out there in cyberspace, post your messages and greetings to Ray under the topic with his message. I will show him your responses tomorrow.

All Best,

Sam

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Ray--

I've been trying to catch up with you, no luck lately, but you KNOW I still and ALWAYS love YOU the BEST!

Cornelia!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic reporting for duty!

Sam, if you would care to send me the image, I can put it onto the message board.

Click on the little "Profile" icon above this message to see my email address.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Weller, any dates for the UCLA Festival or the Chicago Green Town event would be greatly appreciated here (when available).

You have always been so kind to bring us great info and updates.
Thanks so much!
fp

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The UCLA Festival of Books is April 23 and 24, 2005. Here is a link to the Festival website:
http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update: This morning, Ray read all of your heartfelt well wishes and they brought tears to his eyes. He couldn't believe the responses from all of the world in such a short time.

Have a great day!

Sam

posted Hide Post
Sam, thanks so much for sharing this information and for giving us the opportunity to communicate with Ray. I can't wait until your book comes out, and since I live just west of the city, I'm sure hoping you have some book signings either in or nearby when the big day rolls around, because I'll definitely be there, with bells on!! Best wishes to you and your beautiful new baby and wife for a wonderful Christmas. You have just made all of ours a little bit brighter!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Lana. Where do you live in the west suburbs? I'm out there often. My family is in St. Charles.

We have some really exciting things in the works for mid-April. I'll keep you posted as they develop. There will certainly be a launch party as well as a major signing downtown and more to follow in the Chicagoland area. I lecture at regional libraries often.

My school is also looking into setting up some events including the possibilty of a Ray Bradbury day with an appearance by the maestro himself.

We will definitely be at the LA Festival of Books a week later and, hopefully, doing an on-stage interview at the San Diego ComicCon if we can work it out.

I'm also trying to devise a way to have a "Martian Masquerade Ball," where invitees come dressed as their favorite Bradbury character. I'm wondering who everyone would come as? Ray really loves this idea.

When details pop up, I will post them.

Holiday Wishes to all!

Sam

posted Hide Post
Sam Weller!
You're one of my favourite Dickens characters!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam

I can only hope that your travels may bring you to South Florida and particularly Ft. Lauderdale. Ray says that he has a 90+ year old aunt who lives here, so it would be great if Ray could venture down as well.

Wow! A new baby, finishing the book, teaching thirsty students, no wonder you haven't been able to respond to emails. I, too, am happy for your new addition, your continued good health and your being the biographer of Ray. What a delight!

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 12-08-2004).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I found some books of an unusual writer: Ray Bradbury.
He fascinated me so much!
At the very begining I was so eager to read his books that I learned Russian even more intesivelly to read his novels!
(English was not accessible to me, and still makes me so many problems ;-)
He was extremly popular in Russia in those old days!
– (Now it is the same because of Pawel Gubariew: the greatest fun of R.B. in Russia!)
Some years went and I read His books in Polish - my own language.
My children were very young, so I was reading them His novels aloud.
Every time it was a great event for us!
Many years went over and I am still eager to read his new books… .
- R.B. The greatest writer in my life? - YES

Maciej Nadolski
Poland / Torun, birthplace of Mikolaj Kopernik (Nicolaus Copernicus) the greatest Polish astronomer

Posts: 2 | Location: Torun, Europe, Poland | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just noticed this--there's a cover image of Mr. Weller's book "The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury" at walmart.com. Search "books + Ray Bradbury" and it's on page 5,larger image available. Very classy cover.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post