Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    What's the big fuss?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the big fuss?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
wow.....for future reference jesse....if you want to give a website that will prove your daunting and unfathomably knowledgeable point of you try picking ones that have facts....

the website you gave me and the pdf document have no links or even references for the things they say....and in my opinion most of the 59 SERIOUS LIES IN FAHRENHEIT 9/11!!! are nitpicking little things like....small percentage differences from other sources than the ones Moore used (not a lie) and the fact that the Saudis who got to skip out of the country right after the attacks WERE asked a few questions before they left!!! (who cares....and why arent the questions they were asked told if it was such a bold revelation?)

you keep shovelin this stuff at me and i will keep the trash lid open for ya, man ;-)

Posts: 70 | Location: US | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thor, can you give me specifics here, according to MM, not telling the truth is a lie... THESE ARE HIS WORDS... even if it is unintentional HE SAYS IT IS A LIE. Here is a link to a FOXNEWS Transcript where MM equates Bush not telling the truth to Bush lying. I am just pulling a MM, saying MM did not tell the truth, so he is lying. Geez, statements he makes always seem to bite him in the ass.

-Jesse

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thormachine,

I'm sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth. I wish you a speedy recovery. When you feel like it, take another look at the Kopel site above. I found all sorts of links to support Kopels assertions. Maybe you just read the 4 page PDF summary.

Kopel does a pretty thorough job correcting and clarifying and putting in context the facts that Moore uses and distorts.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here is a letter to the union tribune I just sent... http://www.jesseunger.com/f451lettertoeditor-a.doc

-Jesse

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thormachine: Sorry about your wisdom teeth. My daughter just had hers out a couple weeks ago. No fun.

You accuse me of not resposnding to you, but I have challenged you many times to respond to me and you don't ever respond to issues. You rant and rave all the time.

I have never claimed to have all the answers to life.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airjesse123:
thor, can you give me specifics here, according to MM, not telling the truth is a lie... THESE ARE HIS WORDS... even if it is unintentional HE SAYS IT IS A LIE. Here is a link to a FOXNEWS Transcript where MM equates Bush not telling the truth to Bush lying. I am just pulling a MM, saying MM did not tell the truth, so he is lying. Geez, statements he makes always seem to bite him in the ass.

-Jesse

I am not his spokesperson I simply don't like it when people attack people for their political views and make it seem like that person is a terrible monster for how they have expressed themselves...

wow, Mr. Dark....take a look back this whole topic alone...just read through our posts and tell that to me again...first i posted...then you attacked me as being juvenile...i then countered on several issues including ageism and how i disagree with it...you made a little insult at me as a "Moore disciple?" then I simply went on to people who were constructively arguing with me about things like censorship and the moore bradbury issue...then you chimed in later on giving me the "now see here young man!" speech. not a whole lot to respond to there...but i infact responded to it anyway...and right then you accsued me of not answering you posts...huh...then after you get all flustered at me (no comments in there that ask any questions or real free thought about the subject just someone going on about how to discuss things...) then pterran and me discuss somethings rather nicely and you butt in to tell me how brutish i was being even though you had already said that and had nothing to contribute to the arguement...me and the others continue on about the artistic perspective of the whole situation and then you said again how much i had been ignoring you....now that I have actually went through and done this for you...will you please stop pestering me while i try to talk to the posters who can argue like grownups?

Posts: 70 | Location: US | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I'm finally beat down by these kinds of threads out here. Constant arguing and bickering about issues only tangentially related to Bradbury and his work. Constant assertions of testosterone, etc. There really was a "golden age" on this board, and we are clearly past it. As I asserted elsewhere, this board, when it focused on Bradbury -- rather than shallow attack politics -- was a great place to come. The degradation of the board is troubling to me.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't we ALL start re-reading, say, Dandelion Wine (other book suggestions equally welcome), and describe our findings as we proceed?

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Frankly, I'm finally beat down by these kinds of threads out here. Constant arguing and bickering about issues only tangentially related to Bradbury and his work. Constant assertions of testosterone, etc. There really was a "golden age" on this board, and we are clearly past it. As I asserted elsewhere, this board, when it focused on Bradbury -- rather than shallow attack politics -- was a great place to come. The degradation of the board is troubling to me.

well, harumph! right back at ya. All I wanted was for you to admit your own wrong doing, the fact that you scorn me and other "new" posters as attackers is laughable....your golden age will be back soon enough as I grow tired of people who talk in ultra-literate circles around themselves and yet have nothing to say nor do they wish to say anything. Soon enough all the posters who would have questioned your sand castle rules and orders of the universe will have gone on to other things and you can sit back in your comfortable complaceny and discuss what a god this flawed human being (as we all are) is.

posted Hide Post
I'm trying to hang on here, Thor, for I simply can't let the Bradbury site go to what it appears to be going - a conservative stronghold Worthy of Mordor.
You say your femme is in photography - what kind? Does she develop her own material? Is it still film, or is it all digital?
How about actoring - paying off? Stage or movies?
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Translator!! I wish you the best of luck on the homefront...hehe

My girlfreind works in digital photography (she just got a new camera a few months ago and the prints are exquisite...She does all sorts of art...her website where she keeps a lot of the stuff is currently down but i will post it when it comes back up....

The acting for me is not really paying off....i love doing it but i work too hard at it...and it always comes off as work in the end....plus going to school out in california has really exposed me to the crapshoot that is an acting career in film or stage....so i am pretty much going with music....i am a vocalist and i am currently searching for some fellow musicians to make music with.....

What do you do for a living? are you in school? what are your ambitions in life (if you dont mind my prying, of course)?

posted Hide Post
Hey Thor,
the reason I asked was that I was very much into photography at one time - I bought a used projector, and shot to my heart's content. I ended up fiding that one needs talent to shoot good film, so I stopped, sold off most of my equipment, and ended up collecting old cameras instead. I would appreciate greately if you could post a link to your girlfriend's website. I'd like to see someone's digital art photography at work.
A good friend of mine is also into acting here in toronto - and I had to lend them money on more than one occasion. It's almost impossible to break through here in TO. I;m guessing the same goes for California.
What sort of vocalist are you? WHat kind of music? Not that it's any help, but I know at least two set of people who are looking for a vocalist. Apparently, they're hard to come by. You're in luck, then. Still - best of luck in that respect.
I'm finishing off my phd, I translate and write for money, and I have so many freakin ambitions...
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray bradbury is a very good author and i dont think he would have to steal his ideas. He has wroten over 50 books on his own, he can think of his own ideas. These new movies and shows are probally stealing his ideas. Ray is a very convincing author and his books are a delight to read. Even if he was taking ideas from others he would be doing a good job.

Posts: 1 | Location: lemont IL USA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MICHEAL MOORE IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST PIGS ON THE EARTH!!!!!!!! and his movie is a direct reflection on his character the world is lessened by him being on it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a trace harsh, but would anyone ask that it be removed? (The post, not Michael Moore, with whom the world is stuck for awhile.)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post