Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    letter from Nard....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

letter from Nard....
 Login/Join

posted
I found this letter in my husbands things and I am sharing his words.

Have you ever wondered what the voice of GOD looked like? or the voice of GOD sounded like?
Please take a couple of minutes to read this letter where I relate best as I can my experience of GOD'S presence while I lay dying in a hospital, About a week before Christmas 2009.
I recall standing before something that appeared to be a huge window, and thru this window a vast number of stars moving, swirling around and planets tossing about. It was then that [how can this be?] My perplexed expression was observed, and I heard something like a human voice, that penetrated my whole being..........it had an answer to my perplexed look: The voice said " you are looking at the voice of GOD."
That evening my wife had been advised by the Doctors to say her goodbyes. I wasn't going to make it thru the night.
But while I still lay unconscious and dying. I heard the voice of GOD. It is nothing you could ever imagine. Description falls short in human terms, it is a presence, an embrace of personal identification of such intensity, that it is a voice calling you to eternal LIFE! There is NO room for death. It is LOVE on the ultimate personal level. You are recognized as everything you are in the sight of GOD.
After my return from the hospital, I remembered John: The scriptures, Where it said "The dead shall hear the voice of GOD and LIVE!"
and I said,"WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?" There is no room for death.
Then I thought about CHRIST calling forth Lazarus from the tomb. Lazarus must have jumped out of that tomb. DEATH AS NO ROOM when LIFE FILLS THE SOUL. GOD'S voice is all light.
Well that night in the hospital,, I passed from death to life. PRAISE GOD'S ETERNAL LOVE, embrace the LOVE of CHRIST, The father loved HIS SON,the SON LOVED HIS FATHER, AND THE FATHER AND THE SON LOVE US. ETERNAL LIFE IS A REALITY FOUND IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST.
Nard Kordell.

On Dic 13 2009, Nard Kordell had a bleeding in the brain,I was told by the Dr's that my husband Nard Kordell was not going to make it that night. I walked in the room after surgery.
I was told by Nard Kordell best friend to let go and let GOD do what needs to be done. That was the only way to sleep that night. I really don't know how I got home.
Well Nard lived after that night 7 months more.
He relearned to write, to walk and use the phone. All over again. A miracle.
He needed to talk to RAY about CHRIST. And two weeks before he died he did.
Thank you for your time to read this.
WITH LOVE TO ALL
NARDSWIFE.

Posts: 4 | Location: Mission Viejo | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi nardswife, and thanks for sharing this with us. It can't have been easy for you. I think we all miss Nard here; the place hasn't been the same since he left us.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hi nardswife, and thanks for sharing this with us. It can't have been easy for you. I think we all miss Nard here; the place hasn't been the same since he left us.

The world has not been the same for all who knew him, since he left us. Thank you for your kind words.

Posts: 4 | Location: Mission Viejo | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs. K:
http://gouverneurcentralschool...strictNewsletter.pdf

A scroll to pg. 9 (a letter shared with our district) will reveal a vibrant waving Nard with our family at the 89th RB bd event. Nard and I had met briefly before and talked in the bookstore before the photo was taken. We somehow knew who one another was without introduction (via our posting exchanges throughout the previous years - no doubt).

We later ambled out into the warmth of the afternoon and had a very interesting conversation. I was pleased to have had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only knew him through this site, but miss him greatly.
"We shall meet on that beautiful shore".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple pictures of Nard I thought I'd post here, but don't have a clue how to do it. I don't see any "post photo" button here or anything. Any thoughts on how to post a couple pictures on this thread?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
I have a couple pictures of Nard I thought I'd post here, but don't have a clue how to do it. I don't see any "post photo" button here or anything. Any thoughts on how to post a couple pictures on this thread?

Mr Dark,

when you post, just under the box you type into you should see the words "Add attachment?" - in blue. Click on there, and you can attach any kind of file, including photos.

Like this:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Imagenewbradlogo.JPG (84 Kb, 10 downloads) test of attachment

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil. I'll give it a shot when I get home. The photos are on my home computer.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried to post the pictures, even one at a time, but the system keeps telling me the file is too large. These pictures are from a conference at which Phil Nichols and I presented papers on Ray Bradbury. Nard came later in the day when Ray was there. It was fun seeing everyone there. Any suggestions on how to upload the pictures? Or is it just hopeless? I miss Nard, and his persence in the world, every time I come to this site.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tried to post the pictures, even one at a time, but the system keeps telling me the file is too large. These pictures are from a conference at which Phil Nichols and I presented papers on Ray Bradbury. Nard came later in the day when Ray was there. It was fun seeing everyone there. Any suggestions on how to upload the pictures? Or is it just hopeless? I miss Nard, and his persence in the world, every time I come to this site.

The files have to be very small, 300K max. If you do not have the ability to resize the files email them to me and I'll shrink them for you.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tried to post the pictures, even one at a time, but the system keeps telling me the file is too large.

http://imageshack.us/

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John: If you can send me your email off-line, I'll send you the files. I have no idea how to shrink them. You are in a couple of them, as are Ray, Doug, myself, and Phil. I'm at ericpalfreyman@yahoo.com.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, Phil. I'll give it a shot when I get home...

Mr Dark, if we take your consecutive posts literally, it took you from June to December to get home! Must have been a loooooooooong walk!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
John: If you can send me your email off-line, I'll send you the files. I have no idea how to shrink them. You are in a couple of them, as are Ray, Doug, myself, and Phil. I'm at ericpalfreyman@yahoo.com.

May I Photoshop out my image? That should reduce the size substantially. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are too funny! Are you going to be able to shrink and post them? If you're shy about your picture, you can photoshop it out; but of course, you are no worse the wear than any of the rest of us! Red Face)