Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    why do you waste your time on this dude
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why do you waste your time on this dude
 Login/Join

posted
all you do is talk about Ray!! are you guys like in love with him? god damn i know hes a good book writer but come on

Posts: 2 | Location: california | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What else would be discussed on a Ray Bradbury website/bulletin board? F. Scott Fitzgerald?

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YourMom

Mom told me I'm wasting my time collecting comics. I had ALL the first 50 'Classics Illustrated'...in mint condition. 'Action Comics', perhaps even the first one....as well as Capt. Marvel, a whole bunch of 'em... and guess what? They all got thrown out in one way or another, by ol' Mom, or a flooded basement. That includes baseball cards as well.

YourMom, and we love our Moms, but in this case, I say... Mom, stay in the kitchen.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, Nard, that's sad. I'm trying to get a complete list of all the "Classics Illustrated" which were released in the "Now Age" format. I think I did see a reference as to how many were done in this format, but no list of titles, and I haven't been able to find one! Anyone know? They weren't at all a waste as I have now read almost all of the full original works!

And, by the way...YO' MAMA!

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 10-15-2004).]

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Classics Illustrated.
I still have a couple stashed away somewhere.
I think I have "The Last of the Mohicans" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard: Baseball cards!!! "Slowly I turned, step by step......!" Don't remind me of my baseball cards!!!

And does "your" momma know you use that kind of language? Tsk, Tsk!

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 10-15-2004).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that I am happy that I wasn't into collecting comic books etc., way back then or I could have the same predicament in regard to a mother throwing things away. Now it is my wife I have to worry about. In fact after 26 years of marriage I hate to think of what she has discarded of mine.

In the attic of my parent's house is the first letter that Ray ever sent to me way back in 1966 or 1967. I hope to recover it someday along with my report cards, etc. from many years ago.

And why doesn't "yourmom" take a hike to some place else if he doesn't like the rest of us discussing Ray and his works. And for those of us who have met Ray and have had a bit of correspondence with him over the years, we might become very irate over some hooligan who appears to not know what he (she) is talking about.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have that problem in my house, mostly because I'm the packrat and my husband knows better than to touch anything of mine! (I think I have every school paper from 7th grade on!) I hate to throw out stuff because "it might be worth something, someday!" I am getting better, though, mostly because I'm running out of room! Although.....the attic is empty (because it's unfinished and not easy to get into!)...hmmmmmm

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would "Mr. Bentley" have to say about all of this?

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Korby, we are living parallel lives. I don't have a husband, but ANYONE I would know well enough to marry would know my Prime Directive--if ANYONE messes with your stuff, keep the stuff. DISCARD the person unless they are blood-related! If they are blood kin and you MUST associate with them, do so but cut them out of your will!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,

He's learned, the hard way! Now, he doesn't touch anything of mine and knows I may (or may not) eventually get rid of it....or store it somewhere in the basement!

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bentley is invited to kiss the posterior regions of all 9,000 of my teddy bears, dolls, and action figures.

posted Hide Post
Why do I hear the voice of George Carlin chuckling in the background here?

[This message has been edited by patrask (edited 10-16-2004).]

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First priority in any home/living area for me is A PLACE FOR MY STUFF!

posted Hide Post
I try not to bring too much of my stuff with me when I go places....I don't want my stuff all over the country!