Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    why do you waste your time on this dude
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why do you waste your time on this dude
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doesn't it make you feel bad to see pictures of hurricanes and tornadoes? All I can think of is, "My stuff--spread over four counties!" Even if it was someone else's stuff--think of the work picking up all that stuff!

Some footage from Florida showed a woman arriving at her house nearly speechless at finding large, heavy furniture gone without a trace. Since the house was partly intact, I had to suspect maybe looters? They'd have had to get through roadblocks and bring equipment to haul it, but some looters can be pretty slick.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I do live in a part of the country that DOES see tornadoes (although I have never, personally even seen so much as a funnel cloud and I've lived here my entire life! Knock on wood!!), I've planned things! Such as, I'm saving my pictures and as many books as I can toss into the basement! After I get the dog, though! The kid's on his own because he's at Camp Pendleton!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I can't say too much in defense about George Carlin in his later years, but thru this magic of photographs, videos and movies, these last generations have been given this incredible insight into what people were like before they became the obnoxious or the old or crippled or different people we all sometimes become.

Here's the George Carlin I like. I think I would have enjoyed his company back then...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WgQurfTDZQU

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yourmom:
yes, we ARE in love with him

Korby:
if you dig deep enough, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an F. Scott Fitzgerald thread on here somewhere....

Dandelion:
If you cut a family member out of your will you AT LEAST have to make them an automated electronic coffin!!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yourmom:
god damn i know hes a good book writer but come on

Do you eat with that mouth!?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luv that video of George Carlin.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing for 'YourMom' that Ray isn't in a gang...otherwise this would be a case of 'disrespectin'...(Robert laughs)

I don't drop by this site much anymore, that's true. But even I had to laugh at this person's thread. When you have a website dedicated to frankly the best living sci-fi writer of the century...well, what do you think should be discussed on that site?

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which "version" of "The Hunchback" do you have? I have two--one (accurate) version is beautifully done, beautifully drawn, and accurate to the novel. The other one (the cover looks like the Anthony Quinn/Gina Lollobrigida version, with Esmeralda giving Quasimodo a drink on the pillory) and it is very inaccurate to the novel. (That must be why we, as school children, learned very quickly not to use the CL as book reports! LOL

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vikkie, Wow, you're replying to a 3 1/2-year-old post? Well, I'll have to dig through the archives and take a look and get back to you - hopefully sooner than 3+ years from now!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Braling, I didn't notice the date. I work two jobs, go to college full time, and take care of a disabled loved one. It doesn't give me much time to play around on the net, and not even this site, but when something sounds interesting, or appeals to be personally, like your post, I jump!

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Blevins, you've been missed by me and I am sure that the other Board Members have wondered about your whereabouts. Busy you have been I am sure, but good to hear from you.

Where has Dandelion been? I tried calling her yesterday, but no answering and no answering machine. Hope that all is well with Dandelion.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, she just hasn't been posting much.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! You look and sound just like her!
Any theatrical events lately?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this dandelion is the Marionettes Inc model.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The evolving theatrical event is an expansion, to be funded in part by a stunning display of talent on the part of members of the community.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post