Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A Little Fahrenheit Homage...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Little Fahrenheit Homage...
 Login/Join

posted
Hello there. My name's Jeremy and I'm the illustrator of a little webcomic called Truck Bearing Kibble. Bradbury's incredible prose has always been a huge influence on me. We recently did a comic that references Fahrenheit 451, and someone in our forums suggested we should try to send it to Ray. As it seems he has no e-mail address, I figure posting it up in here is the next best thing. Hope it gives some of you a laugh.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very fine Jeremy! Thank you for sharing your story and art!

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! I will make sure this gets to someone who will get it to Ray!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha! Quite funny!

Posts: 13 | Location: West Lafayette, IN | Registered: 27 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed this link to Ray Bradbury's daughter and if she does not get it to him we can probably count on good old Nard.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, dandelion, thank you so much. That's really spectacular of you.

posted Hide Post
A lot of times people ask that a message be passed on, which I think Nard usually does, but this was so spectacular an effort I had to call immediate attention to it.

posted Hide Post
Great job, Jeremy! Nuthin' but spontaneous smiles, man!

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeremy, the art work is terrific - as is the irony.

I shall make a high-quality copy of this to present to RB, whom I will see next Sunday.

Good job!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Little Fahrenheit Homage, eh?

Kind of like Hompage, only different!

That's an inside joke (look at the top of the page, or the bottom).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off, ditto on the praise. Very nice artwork. Your comic strip is available on the web?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Off:
As it seems he has no e-mail address...

But he does. He just doesn't want anyone to know he does.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug: Thank you, both for the compliment and for making a copy to present to Bradbury. That's incredible of you. Everyone here has been so kind.

biplane1: Yep, the strips can all be found at http://truckbearingkibble.com. Sadly, no other Bradbury referencing comics... Not yet, anyway.

posted Hide Post
Hahaha, nice! Great drawings!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post