Tools

The Jar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Jadoo, eh? As in:

"What jadoo?"
"I work in an office."

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've taken the liberty of lifting this image of Terry's, of THE Jar.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageTheJarToday-1.jpg (168 Kb, 28 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I am happy to say that I do HAVE a jar similar to one that Ray has from the set of the Alfred Hitchcock production of The Jar..

It's not exactly like it but very close. At this very moment I am printing photos off of my Kodak Camera Dock 6000 that shows the jar, and me and the jar, photos having been taken by my wife Barbara, who found the jar for me. Barbara says to check out thrift shops as that it where she found this jar!

ImageThat's_biplane1_behind_The_Jar.jpg (57 Kb, 27 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael, the head which came in your jar is very frightening indeed!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Well, I am happy to say that I do HAVE a jar similar to one that Ray has from the set of the Alfred Hitchcock production of The Jar..

It's not exactly like it but very close. At this very moment I am printing photos off of my Kodak Camera Dock 6000 that shows the jar, and me and the jar, photos having been taken by my wife Barbara, who found the jar for me. Barbara says to check out thrift shops as that it where she found this jar!

An old style drug store candy jar. Two cents worth of licorice, please.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:An old style drug store candy jar. Two cents worth of licorice, please.

True, that's the only place I've seen anything like that.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys will never believe! The PERFECT jar turned up for under $14 at Wal-Mart! Now all I need is tips on what to put in it that will look like preservative liquid but not dry up, get scuzzy, or leave stains.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
You guys will never believe! The PERFECT jar turned up for under $14 at Wal-Mart! Now all I need is tips on what to put in it that will look like preservative liquid but not dry up, get scuzzy, or leave stains.

What is the SKU on the jar so we can go online and order it?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
SKU is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing I didn't soak the label off yet! The information is Anchor Hocking Company, Item: 69372, there is an ISBN code of 7644069372. I'm leaving the lid on till I can better decide what-all is going in it and how, but it looks big enough for a human head all right!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
It's a good thing I didn't soak the label off yet! The information is Anchor Hocking Company, Item: 69372, there is an ISBN code of 7644069372. I'm leaving the lid on till I can better decide what-all is going in it and how, but it looks big enough for a human head all right!

Off to Wally-World I go, thank you.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Anyway, back to "The Jar".

So I updated my website, this time adding reviews of not one but TWO "The Jars".

There's this one:

And this one:

You can also read about this charming fellow:

You can do all this at www.bradburymedia.co.uk

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://media.photobucket.com/i...wRayNormanandPat.jpg

They are smiling because they know what is really in it...!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norm!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Listen!

"Live Forever!"