Find
Notify
Tools

The Jar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Bon mots is a good word(s).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, you're not doing any shock and awe-ing, are you?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so far as I know. I'm not terribly military - more of a "make love, not war" type.

You noticed I changed my catchphrase below? There's a reason for that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Jar...that was a creeepy story. I'm always a little surprised by Ray, he seems like such a positive, spiritual person, but boy, can he envision some sick and twisted stuff. Ones that creeped me out the worst are The Jar, The Small Assassin, The Skeleton (the description of that one even creeped out a young friend of mine, who grew up on violent movies)and The Veldt...and there are others. And then there is the detailed description of Beatty burning up in F451. Shiver.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
...By the way, how is Great Britain doing? What's this I hear about the top tax bracket going to 61%? Say it ain't so!...

About as badly as every other country! The top tax bracket only includes really high earners, not the likes of me and (I would guess) you. But in any case, this is a proposal for after the next General Election.

The good news is that VAT (a national sales tax) is being reduced, so we can all SPEND SPEND SPEND for Xmas.

But Woolworths has gone bust. Still trading, but in administration. Woolworths!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:But I didn't say what the "F" stood for!

I assumed it meant fat...especially right around Thanksgiving! Which were you laughing at, me wanting a facsimile of the Jar or having one of a head? (I was speaking of a fake head, not my own head, in case there was any doubt!)

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I assumed it meant fat... Which were you laughing at?

I do not have a fat ass! Big Grin

I was laughing because of the following statement: "...whenever I say all I want is a glass jar with a glass lid large enough to hold a human head, people look at me funny."

I'm still laughing - that one will stand the test of time.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thank you, it has for the many years I have sought such a jar.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still laughing.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched it here before - this is a wonderful resource.

Anyone seen the 1985 AHP of The Jar directed by Tim Burton?

And then there's this thing.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Alas, those fancast links contain videos that can't be viewed outside the US. (Not that I am particularly bothered, as I have copies of all the above episodes anyway.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Alas, those fancast links contain videos that can't be viewed outside the US.

Then our borders are safe!

Bush has done his job well.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Another reason the British are keen on Pres-Elect Obama.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Another reason the British are keen on Pres-Elect Obama.

A secret for you: we are too.

But I better stop this before I have to move this post to Politic Alley.

And now, back to The Jar!

Keen is a good word. So is Jadoo.

"Live Forever!"