Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The board livens up...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The board livens up...
 Login/Join

posted
I have to say, I like the way this board livens up when teachers get their students to study Bradbury. But who are they? The teachers, I mean.

Teachers: show yourselves! Who are you, and where are you?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say... sorry

Posts: 29 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, big secret, eh?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to be the guilty party.

Nick G

Posts: 2 | Location: Apple Valley | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Nick from Apple Valley. No need to feel guilty!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Philnic: Was all that treasure they found in your back yard?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At first, I didn't know what jkt meant. But I gather he's referring to this Anglo-Saxon stash, which has turned up in Staffordshire (the next county to where I live, so not quite my backyard):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/eng...ordshire/8272058.stm

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Treasure found in UK!?

The Dahl you say!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No guilt at all. I am excited that my kids have taken to Bradbury so well. I even changed my curriculum because of them. They appreciate all of your responses too. Some of you folks are quite the topic in my class.

Nick G

Posts: 2 | Location: Apple Valley | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic:

You have to remembrer that I live in a county that is almost as large as your country so you can understand my confusion about your backyard.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

Although I basically substiute taught for a number of years in Minnesota. I was particularly pleased when an 8th grade teacher in the New London, Minnesota high school, after I had mentioned that I met Ray many years ago and had corresponded with him over the years, set it up so that I could cover his short story "The Little Drummer Boy" the next time she was going to be away from school.

So I had several days to prepare as to how I was going to do it. I wanted to make it a little more meaningful than just to read it in class. The story was in their text book so I called Ray and Marguerite answered saying that he was gone, but to call the next day at noon, which I did.

With a recorder and my telephone on speaker I interviewed Ray as to his thoughts behind the story and then played the interview each class before we went around the rooming reading it. The students enjoyed it very much.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
remembrer is a good word

Posts: 29 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:

substiute rooming

What's happened to the speelling here?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:

substiute rooming

What's happened to the speelling here?

Check your boots, 'cause somebody sure done stepped on a butterfly.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post