Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury Board Dinner
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Board Dinner
 Login/Join

posted
Those of you who are in town for Ray's birthday party on August 15th are cordially invited to break bread the day before…call it a meet and great for us members.

I propose meeting near the event, in Glendale, CA. Afterwards you can take a tour of Ray’s favorite surviving bookshop. I know of three members who are already in on this, beside me, but I’ll let them chime on their own.

Anybody like this idea?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chime!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably won't make it.
I'd love to meet all my forum friends someday, though.
How about a tour to the Music Box stairs?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to attend, but will see what my work schedule looks like.

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LadyStrange:
I'd like to attend, but will see what my work schedule looks like.

Once we get closer to the event I'll announce the place and time. I'm leaning towards the Mexican joint that Ray likes, Don Cuco's, around 6:00 p.m. It is also just a few doors South of Ray's favorite remaining bookshop.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Once we get closer to the event I'll announce the place and time. I'm leaning towards the Mexican joint that Ray likes, Don Cuco's, around 6:00 p.m. It is also just a few doors South of Ray's favorite remaining bookshop.

That time would work considering I work early mornings on those days.

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be there if at all possible.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
…call it a meet and great...

Or even a meet and greet... (Or, if it's in a non-vegetarian venue, a MEAT and greet...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm leaning towards the Mexican joint that Ray likes, Don Cuco's, around 6:00 p.m.

That bad Mexican restaurant?! Then there's that good Japanese joint in the Americana.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
I'm leaning towards the Mexican joint that Ray likes, Don Cuco's, around 6:00 p.m.

That bad Mexican restaurant?! Then there's that good Japanese joint in the Americana.

Not knowing the economic standings of our little community I figured the bad Mexican joint, which has some Bradbury history and is inexpensive, was a better choice than the good Japanese joint where lunch is $50 and dinner easily runs $100.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...where lunch is $50 and dinner easily runs $100.

Really? I checked out the menu, which suggested around $15 for an average entree. Most peculiar.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
...where lunch is $50 and dinner easily runs $100.

Really? I checked out the menu, which suggested around $15 for an average entree. Most peculiar.

That is ala carte for one bite...no kidding.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Most everyone likes Mexican food, not everyone cares for Japanese.

posted Hide Post
I like Japanese food that comes past me on a conveyor belt. Why has no other cuisine adopted this efficient method of delivery?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the party on the 15th open to the public?

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post