Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Do you feel you are in the story too?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you feel you are in the story too?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I saw and enjoyed this. Fred Gwynn did very well in a rôle far removed from either Herman Munster or Officer Francis Muldoon...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted by Funmow: Question, have any of you found other authors who pull you in to their stories the way that Bradbury does me? IF so, I would interested in reading something to see if I can feel the same way about others and not just Bradbury (plus, I just love reading...and new things are always exciting!).

I'm sure some will object to these authors, but Stephen King and T.C. Boyle really pulled me into their stories. And if you can really handle violence and graphic content in a novel (be sure that you can), you'll find Battle Royale by Koushun Takami a very deep book that will pull you in as well or better than anything you've read before it. Don't get discouraged by the premise, as long as you can handle it.

Posts: 8 | Location: Jersey | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, I appreciate the recommendation! I read it today and absolutely loved it! I fell in love with Emily Dickinson the first time I really read and understood her writing. The librarian in that story is me...lover of books! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Summer comes rushing in like the winds of a tornado...except in Michigan!

Posts: 32 | Location: Rochester College | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to be of assistance!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In "Car 54" (alluded to by Braling II -another great blast from the past, by the way! Er, a... not You, BII!, I meant the "Officer Muldoon" comment on Fred Gwynn), I had forgotten that Al Lewis was in the show.

He later was Grandpa Munster to Fred's Herman. Well into his 80's, Al became a politician and ran for the Governor's Office of NY representing the Green Party, an irony in itself in view of his role as the long-lived Grandpa Munster!!
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/csmiths/cast.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have the theme song memorised!