Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    My first Sci-Fi publication inspired by Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first Sci-Fi publication inspired by Ray
 Login/Join

posted
I usually write crime fiction, but after reading Bradbury's 100 Greatest Tales, I had a crack at "light" science fiction.

My story "Making Up For Lost Time" was inspired by Ray, and members of my writing group even said it reminded them of Bradbury's work. Not that I stole an idea. My story was original, but after reading 100 stories, my style changed somewhat.

I just heard the story has been purchased by Blood Blade & Thruster Magazine.

Thanks, Mr Bradbury, you are an inspiration!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: James M Harris,

When an imaginative person suffers mental problems, the line between seeming and believing disappears - King - Bag Of Bones

Posts: 6 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James M Harris:

Congratulations! It's always good to see a fellow artist sell something.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by James M Harris:

Congratulations! It's always good to see a fellow artist sell something.

Absolutely. Keep at it.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks people Big Grin

When an imaginative person suffers mental problems, the line between seeming and believing disappears - King - Bag Of Bones

Posts: 6 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray often has this effect on people.
I think it is one of his greatest legacies, second only to his writing.

Many writers still have their work read by millions, but few of them inspire others to write... Wink

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made an other issue of BBT magazine. Even got to liase with the artist!

My writing has improved leaps and bounds since this original post. I've made a few decent sales, something I wasn't really looking for. I'd write regardless.

All thanks to some of Ray's wonderful stories.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: James M Harris,