Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Where is everybody?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is everybody?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I really miss those two.

ImageCalvin_HobbesHug.jpg (39 Kb, 5 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who in God's name is Duckman...

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be out of evidence for awhile due to a death in the family. Please have patience in awaiting my return.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts are with you Dandelion.
Peace to all close to you!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to bust in like this......I'm back and hope to stay on more!!

Rob Big Grin

"Why do people take drugs anymore when reality has become hallucination?!!"

Posts: 10 | Registered: 08 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Dandy. You'll be missed while your away.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. When we reached the family plot, there was a single dandelion on my grandfather's grave I felt he was quite thoughtful to grow for me.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turning the corner into the neighborhood, after too long an absence, I notice that the same dear, sweet people still reside on the old porch. The air is getting a little brisk but the porch light is welcoming and it’s enriching to just sit on the edge of the steps and listen.

dandelion,
So very sorry to hear of your loss!

“Jess took off his coat, hunched his shoulders sunward, eager to meet it halfway, put its heat so deep into his bones that some of it, at least, would go to his grave with him, live beneath the sod and warm, in another spring, some needy root.”
--From “The Friendly Persuasion” (The Meeting House) by Jessamyn West

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Chap!!! Nice to hear you're out for a stroll. There is always room for another friend. Pull up a chair...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quote! Did I mention that "The Friendly Persuasion" was the last book I finished before my father died, or did you just pick it by luck?

posted Hide Post
If that is the book behind the Movie "Friendly Persuasion" with Gary Cooper (super dooper!) I love that movie and would then really love that book as well.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion,
It was chosen in association with your reference to the dandelion on the grave.

patrask,
Yes, the book is wonderful. Better than the film (and the film was tops). The film only covers a couple of chapters.

fjp451,
‘lo.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, the film is not very much like the book.