Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Where is everybody?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is everybody?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
grasstains has since posted one time, it was somehow in reference to Dr. Suess Green Eggs And Ham. I'm too tired to track that down right at the moment. Will try tomorrow. Maybe grasstains just needed a ginkbreak...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gink? That’s some kind of religious thing, right?

Driving by the church he noticed the sign out front:

OPEN ON SUNDAYS

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THINK GINK.

It's now the word of the day.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't gone anywhere. (lol) The usual stuff keeps me pretty busy.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
But she confirmed she's alive...right?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
But she confirmed she's alive...right?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

So says the gink in black from behind the dark glasses.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re: Grasstains, Dr. Seuss, Gink...

ImageGink.jpg (19 Kb, 10 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every gink down in Ginkville liked ginkdom a lot....

posted Hide Post
...They called out, "Where's Grasstains?", no answer they got.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm here! I've had a hard time getting near the family computer because of child and visitor who were visiting the less Bradburyesque sites.
When I heard myself say (at about midnight) "Are y'all through with the computer? I'm going to turn it off" I tried to imagine what that would have sounded like to my teenage ears before anyone had home computers and what kind of machine would I have envisioned? I'm sure I would expect to see a hulking IBM mainframe filling up a whole room. I love the moive "ALIEN" but the mainframe computer usually make me snicker, however "STARTREK- THE NEXT GENERATION" did a pretty good job of envisioning laptops with their simplicity and size. I still think "HAL" is pretty cool on "2001".

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comes a rocket, a robot, a york that is random
But never a grasstains throughout the whole fandom

posted Hide Post
I'm okay. Thanks for your concern. The temptation to check-in was just too great, and exactly the reason I must go. This place, you people, mean too much to me and it carries over into my homelife, my REAL life. Things are said, written, whatever, and I take some of these things very hard, you have no idea just how much I allow things to effect me. I'm just not cut out for it. The hometeam comes first. Thanks for all the fish. Love Always, me.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God you're still with us, Grassy!
All the best to you and yours.

posted Hide Post
I rejoice that you’re O.K., grasstains. Here’s to the home team. You leave an emptiness behind you but you made a great egg and onion, kid.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Family first," but do feel free to drop in when and if possible!