Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Where is everybody?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is everybody?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
You see how we tend to drift?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In answer to Braling II: no idea.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
John (jkt): That's right. The Santa Barbara Writers Conference. I am there as often as I can. Plan to be there this time as well. See you there!~

I left out ComicCon, in July.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
So, I rode down with Ray and Santiago with Patty at the wheel.

Aye, but Craig drove him home, I believe, and Patricia drove the Prius, if I am not mistaken.

No matter - he got there and back safe and sound!

Yes, Patty went directly home and Craig took us back to Ray's. As we got upstairs Craig got a call from Patty...she had locked herself out so he had to exit stage right. I left shortly afterward.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Yes, Patty went directly home and Craig took us back to Ray's. As we got upstairs Craig got a call from Patty...she had locked herself out so he had to exit stage right. I left shortly afterward.

Love these first-hand tales of The Master - keep 'em coming!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well?
Rocket? Biplane? Wild Gravity? Doug? Pterran? Groon? Ravenswake? Pavel?...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Doug?

Present.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Usually 'round once or twice daily, one of the 17 or 18 guests you always see at the top.

I'm also the poster child for all those folks who always think of the right thing to say two days too late.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a recent flourish of postings but that will come to a stop by tomorrow. Another round of the custody battle has been initiated by Ex-Spouse. I wish it would stop. It must be killing my boys. Frowner

Ex-Spouse just keeps it up. This time, taking the boys to a psychologist who, after only two visits, has deemed living with me and current Spouse as being detrimental to their psychological well-being. We've had them in counseling for two years and this never came up.

Oh well... So long, and thanks for all the fish.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocket and I frequently exchange e-mails and he hasn't answered the last one I sent him. It's been a week or more.

Robo-Rocket,

I hope you're alright, wherever you are. Hopefully just lost in a good book, or ten.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been trying not to render in the heat and humidity of South Florida. Love it though and will not trade it for the cold snows of Minnesota.

Had a treat last week when I called Ray and was to speak with Alexandra and later Ray.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Render is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Where's Rocket?
I miss his contributions...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second that, BII, hope all's OK in Louisville.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post