Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Moore fanatics are intolerant of free speech
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moore fanatics are intolerant of free speech
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
That was Jesus' question to his disciples, too.
Are you familiar with the "trilemma" in C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" ? A show-stopper, to be sure...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess there will be a lot of Buddists and Hindus and assorted other true believers in "that other place" , eh?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples . . . if ye love one another".

Does discipleship mean salvation? Did Christ set out much in dogma? If this is the definition of discipleship, and if discipleship is associated with salvation, then maybe some Buddhists will be in better shape than some "christians".

I'm still trying to figure this stuff out, myself, and am NOT claiming any definitive answers.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As one Russian Orthodox monk said to his 'Starets', "I know I'll be judged on what I know, father, so please don't teach me any more!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II:

Ooo... that's a good one.

Wonder how many people realize that the entire Christian faith pivots around one incident: the 'resurrection'. If there was none, as one of the disciples said... we are then the greatest fools of all time.

Another thing: scripture writes, not to judge a non-believer...but you can judge a believer. Judgment begins in the house of God. The others... which would include other religions, are judged by the Father. As a Christian, I'm judged by the Son.

I'll take the Son.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen.
To paraphrase Fr. Thomas Hopko:
"If the REAL you is REALLY seeking the REAL Truth, you will recognize the Truth when you see Him".

posted Hide Post
I agree with Ptrask. Seperation of church and state, period. Too much bloodshed happened because that idea was not heeded.
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post