Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Book by Schreiber shows Bradbury's influence

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book by Schreiber shows Bradbury's influence
 Login/Join

posted
Some of you may be interested in the short story collection "Tales from 2 A.M." Though I've also written several novels that deal with corruption in small towns, this collection clearly shows that Ray Bradbury has always been one of my favorite authors. Some readers have noticed this as well.

One of the earliest stories ("On the Banks of Babylon") written in the 1970s shows that Bradbury's moralistic flair clearly influenced on me, even though I didn't realize it at the time.

The book is available on Amazon, BN.com, etc.

I have had good reviews from newspapers, but I always enjoy comments from "regular" readers.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, old fan, it looks like a fun book, like something I'd enjoy. I hope to pick up a copy soon!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, old fan!

Hope this won't be your only posting. Welcome to the forums.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have posted a few times in the past when I had a question about one of Bradbury's books.(I teach both M.C. and 451 in my sci.fi/fantasy course.) This place is a great source, and I'm sure I'll ask questions again.

posted Hide Post
Old Fan, just found "Tales from 2am" on Amazon and ordered it. Looks good and I'm looking forward to reading it. Check out mine at http://www.untoldpress.com.

Posts: 7 | Location: Winchester, UK | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I checked out yours too--looks good. Is it available in the U.S.?

posted Hide Post
Dear Old Fan,

Great Book! Love the Trout Fishing Story. Lovely eloquent style and great characters too...

As far as mine is concerned it can be delivered anywhere in the world. Printed in Spain and the US so it shouldn't be a problem.

To see a little more try the trailer I've done for the book at www.untoldpress.co.uk/trailer.html

What's that you say? A trailer for a book? Well, why not. They do it for movies don't they?

Enjoy.

Posts: 7 | Location: Winchester, UK | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry it's taken so long to reply--I took my family camping in the WY mountains for an extended vacation, then have been helping my daughter move to her first apartment . . .

Glad you enjoyed the stories. Everyone seems to have a different "favorite" story--the fishing story ("Monsters in Paradise"), the cloning story (to-ate), and the three Methuselah Brown stories have probably had the top votes.

If you enjoyed the style in that story the most, you would probably also enjoy my second novel, "Passing Through Paradise" which employed a similar style. To complicate things, some of the characters in "Monsters" later appear in my third novel "Life on the Fly."

So, anyway, thanks for reading it. Glad you enjoyed it. Now I need to check yours out.