Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Wicked Words!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicked Words!!
 Login/Join

posted
I like how Ray decribes, in chapter 53, the eyes watching like fox-fire, lobster-moist, and phlegm-trapped. He picks suck depth defying words. Also when he uses animals to decribe what the freaks are like.such as also in chapter 53, when he says "They ran like albino pigs, tuskless boars, and stricken sloths before storms. It was intense.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great writers use great descritive words. Ray is one such writer. sometimes i think he goes into good details and others i think he writes to choppy.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the ways that he describes the freaks in the carnival. He makes it so easy to picture what is going on in the story.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree to a sense that Bradbury does right choppy, however, in those choppy sentences he can create amazing detail. That is why I think he is a good writer.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post